6.09.2010

BEACH WEEK! Steamhouse Lounge

Today on BEACH WEEK 2010, I'm bringing the seafood to you, even if you can't get to a beach!

It's a well-known fact around here I have beach on the brain often. Growing up near beaches and some excellent seafood, I get a hankering every now and again. I'm pretty picky when it comes to fried shrimp and was convinced that unless I'm at an ocean view, good shrimp was not to be had in Atl.
Here I was, is the middle of the city, and it felt like I was at the beach! I was in heaven listening to the music with the cool, casual, beachy vibe as I sat on the deck and perused the menu. There's an inside bar, upper deck, oyster bar, and a patio. The staff is super helpful and laid back. 
Known as the "best little dump in Buckhead," The Steamhouse Lounge serves ice cold beer, tropical drinks, oysters, award-winning lobster bisque, fried baskets, a variety of seafood dinners, sandwiches, and choices for land-lovers. I had the fried shrimp basket with my choice of side. It was $10 for a dozen. The shrimp were great! Excellent batter and not greasy. I'll definately be heading back. If you like

ELLE's TIPS: Parking is valet, so have a couple of bucks handy. If you drink, order the Goombay Smash. If you order a basket, you get a choice of either cocktail or tartar, not both, like I'm used to. Everyone in my group had the oysters and the verdict was good--not gritty.

The Steamhouse Lounge
1051 West Peachtree St.
Monday to Saturday 11am-2:30am

Sunday 11am-Midnight

15 comments:

  1. hi, thanks for the get well wish that you left me at my blog, i love your blog, you always have great posts and you write like a pro, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh tasty tasty i love seafood and this looks like a fun little spot!
    www.indramaticfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh yummm...Sea food is the best! Great post darling:)
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. This restaurant sounds amazing. Shrimp is my favorite food second to ice cream. Hope you're loving atlanta!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely to have a place like that in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really loving beach week! That fish n' chips is making me hungry!

    http://jammer10am.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks yummy! And living in the Vegas area I've come to LOVE valet parking. Well worth the couple of bucks.
    oxoxo
    Denalee

    ReplyDelete
  8. i live in atlanta too and love this spot. cute blog!

    Kris
    mikieandkristen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds great! Will definitely go on my list for next time we're in ATL :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM!! If only I lived near there :(

    http://fromskirtstoskillets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks and sounds wonderful! Makes me want to leave on a holiday like right now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like such a fun restaurant -- the shrimp looks yummy! Good to know for next time I'm in the city... :)
    Your "Beach Week" idea is great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg, now I want deep fried shrimps! for breakfast! damn you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmm this post makes me hungry (and miss living in GA!)

    ReplyDelete

I respond to comments via email, so make sure I can respond!
For a faster response, please use Twitter or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

More ways to keep up with me: Bloglovin, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram , Youtube or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

You made my day by visiting! See ya tomorrow :)

Disclaimer:

All products mentioned are purchased by me unless stated.
All pics, thoughts, etc, are mine unless otherwise noted. Publishing or redistributing any content from this blog is strictly prohibited. Please seek permission first. Thank you.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...