Pic from a trip to Cancun, with no polish! No laughing at the feet!
It's time to get those toes ready for the beach! Pedis are such a relaxing thing, but being jobless, my budget isn't allowing it. Plus, not everyone has the time to have that spa experience, right? No biggie: I knew I could recreate pedicures at home cheaply, quickly (if need be) and achieve similar results. So how did I do it?
- IF YOU HAVE 30 MINUTES OR MORE:
- Enjoy the experience and pamper yourself! Grab your mags, play some music, or get caught up on your TiVo. This is about you!
- Remove old polish. I use cotton pads or toilet paper or even Q-tips.
- Soak. I have a foot bath, but a big enough bowl or your tub will work just fine. Make the water not too hot and, if you have it, add bath salt, or Epsom salt, or essential oils, or shampoo. I have plenty of foot stuff from those beauty gifts from Christmas, so that's what I use. Soak for 10.
- Scrub. Exfoilate your feet with a sugar scrub or even mashed strawberries or make an oatmeal paste.
- Now that your skin is softened, wet your file/pumice stone and well, file away! Clean feet.
- Clip the nails carefully.
- Add lotion/foot cream. If you have the time and treat this as a spa, then do it! I don't until I go to sleep that night and my color has set.
- Make sure no lotion is on your nails.
- Add polish and take your time. Use Q-tips dipped in polish remover to fix and accidents. Add a layer of clear, let it dry, and add another layer of color. One more layer of clear on top should do it!
- IF YOU HAVE 10 MINUTES:
- Ok, ladies, time is of the essence here! You've gotta be somewhere in a hurry, so let's get to it!
- Remove polish and use a wet cloth to clean feet.
- Use Avon's Pedi-Peel pads on clean feet to exfoliate. If you don't have these, use acne pads, like Clearasil's. As long as it has salicylic acid (2%), it works amazingly well. My soles are always smooth after this.
- Clip nails carefully.
- Add quick-dry polish and quick-dry clear coat. I do alternating coats of color, clear, color, clear.
- I've found that I get the same results no matter what brand of polish I use. I'm liking coral and fruit punch colors this summer.
At-home pedis with the little sis, Holly
Do you do pedis at home? What tips do you suggest?