11.03.2010

DIY: Elle's Fake Out Pumpkin Spice Latte In A Hurry



It's fall...you gotta have the Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. But...you don't wanna spend the money. See the recipe I found to make them at home! Well, what if you're super impatient, like me? And cheap? I created a super easy and quick (and a great fake out) way to make my own Pumpkin Spice Latte IN A HURRY. Minus one ingredient, you probably have everything you need already! This recipe was created by me via an accident. I bought a bag of Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses and thought they tasted like I was eating a candle. Nast. Instead of throwing them out, I decided to use them another way (and for the trick or treaters).

Here's how I do it:

Make your coffee. This is the longest part of the process. To be a true latte (not the Italian version) you need espresso, but today I'm using just strong coffee. So it's a "fatte" (fake latte). So what? I'm in a hurry.

Add 1-6 Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses to the cup of coffee. Or add the Kisses first and coffee next. The heat from the coffee will melt them. Stir to make sure the Kisses have dissolved. You can also add canned or real pumpkin (like in the original recipe) or pumpkin-flavored syrup. Add more kisses if you want more pumpkin flavor. The latte will turn a little orange. Don't freak out, it uh...gives the drink a little more authenticity of looking pumpkin-y. Yeah, that's it.

Add creamer and stir. To be official, add steamed milk, but we're in a hurry, people. The creamer can be flavored (pumpkin or vanilla). Add swirly designs and pretend you're in a fancy coffee place whilst in your pjs. (Ok, I don't know how to add fancy designs.)

Add a dash of nutmeg or pumpkin spice (optional). Add whipped cream from a can and add the spice on top to make it look all fancy. Admire your handy work and drink!

I hope you try it and let me know what you think! Would you try this?

10 comments:

  1. hahaha...love "fatte". :) And thanks for the idea...we don't have pumpkin spice lattes over here anymore which is sad. I guess I was the only one drinking it?! :) Will try this one out for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think chocolate in any color but brown tastes waxy too! Good idea to salvage the kisses with this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!! I'll have to try this whenever I get my hands on some hersey kisses :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA, I love your "fatte" comment!

    You're so resourceful! Who would've thought to use hershey's kisses in coffee?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so great! Thanks

    Ps: I am hosting a sweet GIVEAWAY today, please join in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Genius!

    Must try this. :)

    -Ashley
    http://lerougestylo.blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes would definitely give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I appreciate the DIY on pumpkin spice latte because God knows it is not available at Starbucks Philippines! We only have toffee nut latte and the other one with mint! :D

    I've never tastes the kisses pumpkiny spiced flavored. Where can I get them in my darn country waaaaah

    ReplyDelete

I respond to comments via email, so make sure I can respond!
For a faster response, please use Twitter or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

More ways to keep up with me: Bloglovin, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram , Youtube or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

You made my day by visiting! See ya tomorrow :)

Disclaimer:

All products mentioned are purchased by me unless stated.
All pics, thoughts, etc, are mine unless otherwise noted. Publishing or redistributing any content from this blog is strictly prohibited. Please seek permission first. Thank you.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...