12.31.2010

Elle Entertains: NYE Celebration


HAPPY NEW YEARS! When it comes to hosting a NYE party, there are two options: dress up or casual. Because I love any excuse to dress up (I still love looking at Prom dresses and I'm in my 30s!) my party is going to be just that! So pop open the bubbly and see how I'm hosting NYE at Casa Sees:

Mood: As I mentioned in yesterday's makeup post, I decided on black, gold, and fuchsia. I was inspired by the sparkling, golden champagne; the dark, glittery night; and pink because it's a color I usually don't use!
Decor:  I'm using a lot of glasses not only for drinking, but for decor. I'm putting gold and fuchsia balls in glasses and in my glass vase. Use what you have already--I'm using martini, wine, and champagne flutes. These can be purchased for cheap at discount and dollar stores.
I'll also have glasses with gold tinsel with sparklers in them, ready to be lit at midnight.
this plus this
Food will be served on the bar in the kitchen, and I'll use my color scheme to decorate with a black table runner, gold tinsel and ribbons.

And balloons because I love balloons.
inspirations for balloons
Lighting: I'm using my twinkly lights from Christmas as well as fuchsia votive holders.
Food: As I mentioned earlier, this isn't a sit-down dinner. Food will be served at the bar, so guests can mingle. Don't stress if you can't/don't have time to cook. There are some great options at the grocery. I'm attempting making pizza roll ups.
I'm also serving cheddar popcorn, meatballs, hummus and pitas, various dips, a veggie tray, Chicken Chunks, and cheese sticks. 
For dessert, how cute are these cupcakes? I wonder if I can talk Amy into making me some!
Cocktails: It's BYOB, but I will offer Sofia champagne and a "signature cocktail," the Champagne Pomegranate Cocktail (which can be made non-alc).

Music: I wanted an upbeat, danceable playlist. I also added the traditional Auld Lang Syne for after midnight as well as a couple of tunes to slow things down for when people start to leave. Enjoy!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones



Are you attending or having a NYE party?
Wanna see more Elle Entertains? Click here.
Just in case you need it: my HANGOVER HELPERS post!

38 comments:

  1. Your party sounds great! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the party is going to be awesome! I'm having a laid-back dinner party at home tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh that's going to be a blast! we're going to a big party in a restaurant, can't wait to test out your sparkly makeup! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a Happy New Year....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great inspiration for NYE! I'll be celebrating with my family and friends...for a 2011 full of dreams fulfilled...Happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  6. have a wonderful NYE!! the appetizers sound delic. xoxo jcd http://cornflakedreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a pretty awesome party!!! I'm sadly not going to one (at least I don't think I am...haha)
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your mood board!!!! can't wait for pictures after the party. house parties are always my favorite for NYE. have a lovely time!happy 2011
    XOXO
    caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that looks like a fabulous party!!! I hope it's fantastic! And you know I would make cupcakes for you anytime!! ;)
    Happy New Year girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yayyyy - sounds like so much fun! Enjoy your night and Happy New Year!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a fabulous party! Great color scheme and choice of cocktails. I had the Sofia cans at my wedding! Happy New Year!

    xo,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year! I am in San Diego to celebrate and it will be a Mexican fiesta. Can't wait! Have a great time at your party. Take lots of pictures.
    :) kb
    http://redcarpetcloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! It sounds like you are going to have an awesome party! I wish I could go to a party like that! Haha. We might go to my aunts but just for a little get together. Im going to dress up though, of course. :)

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, you are going all out for your party--as you should! have fun!

    happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like my kind of party! Hope you have a wonderful New Years!

    <3 kris&kel
    www.krisandkel.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow do I wish I was coming to your party! Happy NYE!

    ReplyDelete
  17. looks like a great party! i love sofia champagne its my favorite :)

    happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a lovely evening! C and I are on our way ;) Enjoy the last night of 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks amazing! I hope you have an awesome new year's party!

    Emma
    TheSidewalkIsMyRunway

    ReplyDelete
  20. I pray that 2011 brings you many blessings!! Happy New Year, Friend! Much Love, Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like a fabulous party! Hope you had a happy new year!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a fun party!! hope it was a fun, memorable night for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This sounds like it was a very classy little shindig! I hope it was as much fun as it sounds! Happy New Year!

    xo, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy new year! These decorations look so much fun and festive.



    paperwhales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. sounds like such an amazing party!! would love to see some pictures!!

    xox Vicky
    Bikinis & Passports

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Elle-

    Sound like you are in in for a very festive evening. Did you have a fun time? I went to a low key gathering at my neighbors. It was quiet, but just what I needed. I love your hangover helpers and will have to save it for future use. Always good to have. Thanks
    My best- Diane

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy 2011. Hope your party was rockin'. I had a death grip on a can of Sofia blanc...

    Love the updates on the blog & new look.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fuschia. thats what makes the design EPIC. :D Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy New Year!!
    I love this post and your blog so much!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your party sound AMAZING!!!

    Happy New Year dear

    Love
    Jemina
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your party sounds like a good idea!!! If you have the pictures you need to post them, i would love to see them
    <3
    http://reserveradefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy 2011! Black, gold, fuchsia looks like a glammed out affair!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow sounds like you went all out! Hope you had a great NYE!

    http://www.maritimeshopaholic.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Sounds amazing, Elle. What I want to know is... (what I want to see, rather) WHAT DID YOU WEAR!

    Happy Happy!

    XX.
    Mae Lu, @ thereafterish.

    ReplyDelete
  35. you did so much better than us in the food department! we had big plans but ran out of time. maybe nexy year!

    going to check out the hangover helpers now!

    ReplyDelete

I respond to comments via email, so make sure I can respond!
For a faster response, please use Twitter or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

More ways to keep up with me: Bloglovin, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram , Youtube or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

You made my day by visiting! See ya tomorrow :)

Disclaimer:

All products mentioned are purchased by me unless stated.
All pics, thoughts, etc, are mine unless otherwise noted. Publishing or redistributing any content from this blog is strictly prohibited. Please seek permission first. Thank you.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...