3.14.2011

Your Best Tips: Claire of THE DAILY CLAIRE

Every week I'll be sharing tips from my readers. This week is Claire of The Daily Claire. I hope you learn something new! Would you like your best tips featured? Email or comment below. Enjoy!
pic via Amazon.com
A Taste of the Tropics

I must confess, I tend to be a bit of a product junkie.  However, I do try to be conscious of what those products contain, but a lot of times natural products can be a bit pricey.  It seems like everyone is trying to be more conscious of their spending habits these days and I'm no exception.  May I offer a suggestion?  Coconut oil. The key is making sure you get organic extra virgin cold-pressed coconut oil.  You can find it in a jar at most health food stores for about $12/16oz. It is pure white and solid at room temperature, but melts at about 76 degrees.  It has so many uses it's crazy but I'll focus on a few of my favorites.  

1.  Eye makeup remover.  It's super moisturizing and you just need about 1/8 teaspoon to take off your eye make up, even if it is waterproof.  Just apply with your finger tips and wipe off with a cotton ball.

2.  Moisturizing hair treatment.  If your hair is highly processed or dry, apply the coconut oil from root to tips.  If your hair tends to be somewhat more oily, just apply to the ends.  Leave on for about 30 mins, then shampoo out.  

3.  Body oil.  The oil melts on contact with skin.  It is very moisturizing and absorbs quickly, leaving your skin super soft.  I also like to use it as a facial moisturizer before going to bed.  

Coconut oil leaves you with a lite coconut scent and smoother skin and hair.  You get all the moisture with none of the fillers.  How's that for a sweet deal?  


The Daily Claire is a lifestyle blog focused on shopping, culture and the occasional bit of personal prattle.  In the near future I plan on regularly adding DIY and cooking posts.  Please join me on my adventures and share some of your own!  Follow me on Twitter @thedailyclaire and http://thedailyclaire.blogspot.com
PS--Want your best tips on beauty/style/and the like featured on Elle Sees? Email me for more.

2 comments:

  1. what a fun new feature! i love anything that smells like the tropics so i might have to try this product out. xoxo jcd :: stop by cornflake dreams to enter a personalized print giveaway !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!!
    I have never heard of this ....
    I am all about the narural & organic product also.
    Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete

I respond to comments via email, so make sure I can respond!
For a faster response, please use Twitter or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

More ways to keep up with me: Bloglovin, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram , Youtube or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

You made my day by visiting! See ya tomorrow :)

Disclaimer:

All products mentioned are purchased by me unless stated.
All pics, thoughts, etc, are mine unless otherwise noted. Publishing or redistributing any content from this blog is strictly prohibited. Please seek permission first. Thank you.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...