If you're a long-time reader of Elle Sees, you've read about my love of traveling (50 states, 19 countries). One of my favorite things to do when traveling is to seek out that city/state/country's beauty products (and snacks, but that's another post!). Before traveling, my friends always ask me what products they should try. I'm now sharing my best picks from different countries around the world with you too! Enjoy.
First up is one of my favorite cities in the world: Paris. It's such a special place that deserves its own post, but for now, I'll divulge some faves that fill my shopping bag--and where to buy. This is by no means a full list. Feel free to add your choices in the comments below. Now get out those credit cards & let's shop!
Cosmetics & Hair Care:
- Le Clerc makes some great makeup and I wish I could try them all. I especially love the lipsticks. To buy: Online or Barneys.
- Votre Vu creates incredible lotions & hair care products. To buy: online or ebay.
- Celebs & models for years swear by the supposedly-illegal-in-US eyedrops made by Collyre Bleu de Laiter and Innoxa Gouttes Bleues. The Collyre Bleu are pricier and sometimes harder to find, so I usually buy Innoxa. To buy: Parisian pharmacies or online.
- Lancome is a well-known brand found stateside.
- I love the bell jar perfumes from Serge Lutens. There are other types as well, but the bell jars, which look so pretty on a vanity, are my favorites. To buy: Serge Lutens or search online.
- Roger & Gallet offer great-smelling perfumes and products. I love their green tea soap. To buy: Online or Amazon.
- Check out the L'Occitane store for scents (among other products) not available in your local store. While known for soaps & scents, their shower oil is my fave. To buy: online or boutiques .
- The fanciest, most luxurious candles are those from Cire Trudon. These candlemakers for Marie Antoinette & Napoleon use the finest ingredients and to own one of their candles is the ultimate. To buy: Barneys New York.
- Also known for their candles (& all sorts of goodies for the body) is Diptyque. To buy: Amazon.com.
PS--Want to learn more about my travels and best traveling tips? Check out my Wanderlust and Travel series.