9.08.2011

Elle's Quick Tips: Peppermint Tea Facial Mist

Elle's Quick Tips: Peppermint Facial Mist



Bloating. Blah. Not a good thing, right? But ooh, have I got something for YOU! Try some peppermint tea. I'm serious. It WORKS. However, Weird Elle Sees Fact #93 is that I only like hot tea in cooler temps. I can drink coffee almost any time of year, but hot tea? Nope. I don't like it cold either (Weird Fact #22). And so the little peppermint tea bags sit oh so patiently on the shelf. Sniff.

But no more!

After doing  hours of research (aka clicking Google), I realized there are LOTS of benefits to peppermint tea. According to trusty ole Wikipedia, peppermint tea also "is said to ease such problems as irritable bowel syndromenausea and vomitingdiarrheaheadaches. Its minty flavour can take the edge off bad breath. It is also said to control mild asthmamanage stress and ward off the common colds." Convinced yet?


But Elle, you may not be asking yourself, what ELSE can we do with this miraculous peppermint tea?


I'm so glad you asked! And now we FINALLY get to the real post. 


I use peppermint tea as a toner for my face.

  1. Simply brew a bag and let tea cool. 
  2. Pour the tea into a spray bottle and mist your face. Ah, relief!
Notes:
  • Toners are used to cleanse the face and make pores look smaller (but you can't shrink pores. No, you can't!). If your skin is really, really, really oily, add some rubbing alcohol or witch hazel to the mix.
  • I keep the used tea bag and use to soothe puffy eyes.
  • The mist can be refrigerated for about two weeks. It feels SO much better when it's cold. I've seen toners for $30 (srsly), so try this recipe.
  • Use a cotton ball or clean washcloth to wipe away, if desired.
  • If I'm just using as a refreshing mist, I don't rinse my face after it dries. Sometimes, I use a moisturizer after.

*Click HERE for more of my QUICK TIPS.
*HERE is another use for TEA BAGS.
*Use that spray bottle to make my MAKEUP SETTING SPRAY!

26 comments:

  1. I drink a lot of peppermint tea and Im loving all those cool facts. It's so fantastic to know that it's good for headaches. Brilliant post. Have a sunny Thursday, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea. Definitely going to give this a try. Thanks doll!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip! What a great, simple and versatile remedy!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like such a great thing to do, I'll have to try it soon!

    http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such a good idea. ill have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad I just read your post because I am feeling kind of queasy today so think I'm going to pop out and get some peppermint tea. If I were really motivated I could brew the fresh mint in my garden, but doubt I will get to it. Thanks for these fun facts!
    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never known peppermint tea to be quite so versatile in use! Need to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tip!
    I love hot tea, but not peppermint. I'm more a green tea girl. ;) This will give me something useful to do with the peppermint tea currently in my pantry!

    -Ashley
    http://lerougestylo.blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! I'm a big peppermint person. I drink peppermint tea every single day and I'm absolutely addicted to C.O. Bigelow's Mentha Lip Shine. I basically ingest it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the tips! Great post!

    worldaccordingtoshia.blogspot.com

    ♥ Shia

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love anything with multiple purposes! I will definitely be getting my hands on some peppermint tea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love at-home remedies! I am definitely going to try this!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm not particularly fond of hot tea in any weather, so you still have me beat!

    haha but this sounds really refreshing, especially since it's been like 90+ degrees all week where i live. i want fall to be here already!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are just filled with amazing tips and DIYs, girl! I'm definitely going to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that you did a post on this! I am an esthetician and everything you said was right on!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an excellent tip!! Thank you, honey!!

    Have a great weekend!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds so incredible! I am definitely going to give it a whirl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so cool! What a great idea!

    Leia

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love peppermint tea, and I'm definitely going to try this out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have heard of this before but never tried, I must say Im about to try it out now! I never broke out till I had children at 27 and 32 I have spent crazy money to clear my face. About 2 weeks ago I started using a little baking soda as an exfoliate after I cleanse and WOW I can not believe the difference its made! So im sold on using natural products. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

I respond to comments via email, so make sure I can respond!
For a faster response, please use Twitter or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

More ways to keep up with me: Bloglovin, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram , Youtube or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

You made my day by visiting! See ya tomorrow :)

Disclaimer:

All products mentioned are purchased by me unless stated.
All pics, thoughts, etc, are mine unless otherwise noted. Publishing or redistributing any content from this blog is strictly prohibited. Please seek permission first. Thank you.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...