9.20.2011

Outfit of the Week: One Step Closer

Outfit of the Week: One Step Closer

I really want my most favorite season, fall (or autumn if we're gettin' fancy-pants) to arrive. And so I tried this past week to make it happen. I painted my nails in navy, I pulled out a cute autumnal scarf, had a Pumpkin Spice Latte for breakfast, but it was still 80-something outside. And so I gave in and wore shorts. One step closer...
Sound:  
 Cameras, by Matt & Kim
Time: Thursday, 10am
Place: Paragon Salon, downtown Atl, where I saw a crew filming something (hence the song title this week).
Clothes:
  • While most of my outfits are casual, this one really is, but in the interest of keepin' it realz (note: adding a "z" to a word makes it REAL) this is what I wore. I started off with this creamy t-shirt.
  • Since it was in the 80s outside (grumble), I opted for shorts; wrinkly shorts but I like the color.
  • This scarf is pretty much becoming my fave autumn scarf, and autumn won't officially start until this weekend.
  • I was getting my grey-headed self cut and dyed and didn't feel like dressing up, to be honest. I threw on these ballet flats and called it good.
Beauty:

  • While working on a post on fall makeup (coming Thursday, I believe), I painted my nails navy. As is typical with me, polish on my fingernails lasts all of 5 days and then I'm over it.
  • I was getting my hair done, so up in the Blogger Bun it went. I don't wanna sound like a B, but I am so over seeing this hairstyle. Anyone else? Just me?
How was your weekend? The cooler weather finally came (for the weekend at least!). I went to two concerts: Incubus one night and Ray Lamontagne the next. Yeah, I have an eclectic musical taste. AND I had an embarrassing moment. Deets tomorrow. Maybe.
What was your Outfit of the Week?

PS: CONGRATS TO KARENA who won my GIVEAWAY!

37 comments:

  1. ooooh that shirt looks so cozy!! love!! and that nail polish color is perfect for fall. it's in the 80's here in NC too, maybe Fall will come soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute outfit!

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/
    http://twitter.com/#!/MandyCrandell

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I love ballet flats. These colors are beautiful. Love scarves. Great outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooh I need a navy manicure!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE infinity scarves and nude flats... great outfit combination =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is so gorgeous!! Love ballet flats!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Navy coloured nails so fun;-)
    The shorts are so lovely and I adore ballerinas, too. My weekend was quite active with riding, apple picking and so forth;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this look - those nude flats are so pretty!

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love all the colours in this outfit, especially the ones in the scarf - such a pretty combination. I wish I could still wear a version of this outfit too, but fall seems to have installed itself firmly around here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect outfit, love it all!

    http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too have been nudging toward fall- have a caramel-colored polish on, and have been working some heavier fabrics (even a sweater!) into the wardrobe. :)

    -Ashley
    http://lerougestylo.blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. the pop of blue is an unexpected delight to this neutral outfit. Love it.
    ♥ laura

    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can so relate, although for some reason it's overcast here this morning and I'm patting myself on the back for ordering a wool blazer yesterday, lol. Fingers crossed the fall-ish weather will hold here in SoCal!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute that scarf is to die for!
    xo
    alexa
    www.theshortandthesweetofit.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the coppery tones in this! Great combo :)

    Aya ♥ Strawberry Koi

    ReplyDelete
  16. love this pumpkin-y color!

    the weather is weird here, too. one day ROASTING HOT, and the next day foggy. it is hard to know what to wear. oh well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay for ballet slippers.

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Confession: I have really yet to master the scarf. Sad but true.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love how you falled {is that a word??} up a summer outfit. It's fabulous! And I'm dying over the blogger bun statement. I sport it way too often lately. I blame the weather. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Elle you always have great taste I love the scarf so pretty.

    Congrats to the winner of your giveaway.

    www.iwouldsorockthis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the look :)

    and

    you cant drink out of the royal wedding mug but u can come over and hold it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. We share the same favorite season! I love everything about fall -- especially accessorizing...cute scarves, blazers, tights, etc.!

    My weekend was good! I worked all day Sunday from home (blah) but had a relaxing day Saturday hanging out with the boyf! Super jeal you went to Ray LaMontagne!

    xo lamb loves

    ReplyDelete
  23. That scarf is gorgeous! I would love to have something like that, and the shorts are really cute. Getting too cold for them in Chicago. Congratulations to the winner of the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Navy nailpolish?! I might have to try that!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. i have been listening to Incubus since, omg it must have been over 10 years? haha =) so jealous you went to their concert! any photos! please share! hope you have a great day darling! and i so need to paint my nails navy blue now ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the outfit! I'm particularly fond with that nail polish!! I've been wanting to get a navy one myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. That Essie shade is PERFECT! I love it.
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am absolutely loving that color of Essie nail polish! It's so beautiful!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Summer wasn't long enough over here but I do love Fall too :)


    www.oneofplenty.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Never over the blogger bun, I've been doing it since way before blogs...it used to just be called "I didn't fix my hair today" bun

    xoShelly

    ReplyDelete
  31. i'm diggin' this whole outfit. perfection.

    ReplyDelete

I respond to comments via email, so make sure I can respond!
For a faster response, please use Twitter or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

More ways to keep up with me: Bloglovin, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram , Youtube or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

You made my day by visiting! See ya tomorrow :)

Disclaimer:

All products mentioned are purchased by me unless stated.
All pics, thoughts, etc, are mine unless otherwise noted. Publishing or redistributing any content from this blog is strictly prohibited. Please seek permission first. Thank you.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...