10.27.2011

How To: Glitter Eyes 3 Different Ways (Halloween, NYE)


I've gotten a couple of requests for Halloween makeup tutorials, but no one mentioned anything specific. I decided to feature some easy, cheap, and versatile ideas. I also wanted a look that was subtle, one that was daring, and one that was really dramatic. These eye looks would be great for Halloween, New Years Eve, or a girl's night out. I used gold, but feel free to use your favorite color of glitter. Let's get started:

Materials:
--Glitter eyeliner (I used gold glitter from NYX, $4)
--brown and black shadows
--black eyeliner
--mascara
--scotch tape
--eyeshadow base
--false lashes (optional)

Methods:


Gold Cat Eye
--Put eyeshadow base over lid.
--Line top lid with black liner.
--To help you draw a straight line, place a piece of scotch tape along your eye from outer corner to end of your eyebrow. This is optional, but is totally helpful.
--Draw a thin line on upper and bottom lids and extend into a cat eye.
--Apply mascara (and don't forget to remove the tape).

Golden Eye (left)
--Put eyeshadow base over lid.
--Line lower lid with glitter.
--Line waterline and tight line with eyeliner.
--Apply dark brown shadow to the crease and blend across and down.
--On the upper lid, make the glitter line thicker than the Cat Eye example.
--Apply mascara

Smokey Glitter Eye
--Put eyeshadow base over lid.
--Line water and tight line with eyeliner.
--Sweep brown in the crease and blend down.
--Pat black shadow in the outer corner and blend in.
--Apply glitter liner all over lid and smudge under eye, using your finger.
--Brush on mascara.
--Optional: apply false lashes

Tips:
--Line lower lids first with glitter and let it dry! It will take a minute or two.
--Once you apply the glitter to the upper lid, try to look down to let the glitter dry. This is essential for the first two looks, where you do not want glitter all over the lid.
--No glitter liner? You can use any sort of gel glitter (try the Halloween kits or body glitter) or make your own using hair gel and glitter. I also tried it with hand sanitizer and glitter--just be careful of it getting in your eyes!
--If you have sensitive eyes, double check the ingredients first.
--To remove the glitter, I recommend cloth & Vaseline or olive oil, but use your regular routine. Just make sure you scrub!
--Not a fan of the looks above? Totally just smear glitter all over your face via Ke$ha! ;)
What unusual eye looks would you like to rock for Halloween (or any day)?


You know what goes great with glitter eyes? A GIVEAWAY! 




Pardon my crappy camera + photo capturing skills, but I wanted to show you my eyes. 
In person, they honestly looked pretty close to the original inspirations, I swear!





25 comments:

  1. Ooh, the smoky glitter eye is my favorite - gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips. I want to do this for special occasions and have been stymied in the past. Your advice helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the winged glitter liner!

    http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! I always love glittery eyeshadow. This inspires me much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the glam glitter eye look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooohh i like!!
    http://laurnkeys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bottom two are so pretty, I'm definitely going to have to try this! The great thing about glitter is that you can always wipe some off if it gets too glittery!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, YES! gold is my signature eye make-up color!!! I love all of these looks...I have never done just the liner...pretty :) xoxoxo brynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love it!! glittery anything is a win for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. In love with the last two!! This is something that I have to try asap!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am obsessed with glitter. Like, I know it can make people look old if worn inappropriately, but I layer it on anyway.
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never tried glitter on my eyes but now have every reason to do so

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooooh, i love glittery stuff! this looks so beautiful, definitely perfect for halloween and new year's, like you said. :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE the bottom right one! Gorgeous.
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the golden eye look!!! And I love GLITTER! 3 great options! :D
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this look...glittery goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great looks, thanks!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! :o)

    -Samantha

    http://thisfashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey there, thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog! I love yours and am so happy to find you. This post is especially amazing cuz I'm an glitzy eye person! Def gonna try this!
    xo
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  19. That first picture on top is so pretty and unique, but I would personally go for the third style.

    [fashionablyfly.blogspot.com]

    ReplyDelete

I respond to comments via email, so make sure I can respond!
For a faster response, please use Twitter or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

More ways to keep up with me: Bloglovin, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram , Youtube or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

You made my day by visiting! See ya tomorrow :)

Disclaimer:

All products mentioned are purchased by me unless stated.
All pics, thoughts, etc, are mine unless otherwise noted. Publishing or redistributing any content from this blog is strictly prohibited. Please seek permission first. Thank you.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...