11.18.2011

How To: Scarlet Johansson Eye Look For D&G


I've seen this Scarlet Johansson ad for a few months now and when it appeared on the back of this month's ELLE, I knew I had to recreate it. This dramatic eye look goes perfectly with a fancy dress and a fun evening--think holiday parties. It would even look especially darling with a black cashmere turtleneck sweater, jeans, and leopard flats! Let's see how I did it:

TOOLS:
  • ELF Liquid Eyeliner ($1)
  • Wet N Wild eyeshadow palette in Sweet as Candy ($3)
  • L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara ($5)
EXTRAS:
  • ELF C Brush ($3)
  • Crease Brush ($1)
  • Eye Makeup & Q-Tips
  • NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in French Fries ($4.49)
  • Eyelash curler
  • Plain or cherry chapstick
METHOD:
  1. This is optional, but for a longer-lasting color, apply the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil on the lid as a base. Be sure to rub in.
  2. Using the C brush (or finger), pat the pink shade from the Sweet as Candy palette all over the lid.
  3. With the crease brush, brush the pink shade just like eyeliner under the bottom lashes to smoke out the color.
  4. Pat a finger in the white shade and pat it on the lid right over the eyeball (in other words, the center of the lid).
  5. Using the crease brush, dip in the brown shade and sweep over the crease in a windshield wiper motion.
  6. Wipe off the crease brush and get a little of the white shade. Blow off the excess and sweep under the brows for a subtle highlight.
  7. Curl lashes and apply mascara
  8. My eyes are a bit rounder than Scarlet's, so I applied my liner from the inner corner to the outer corner and made my liner thicker--this is to make them appear a bit more almond-shaped, like hers. If your eyes are almond-shaped, start applying the liner from the where the iris begins. 
  9. Drag the liner to the end. To create the wing, pretend you're drawing up the meet the tip of your eyebrow. For more help, see my tutorial I did with gel liner and here is Lauren Conrad's liquid liner tutorial. Use Q-tips dipped in eye makeup remover to get stray marks or to start over. The more practice, the better and easier it gets. 
  10. Optional: fill in brows to make them thicker like Scarlet's. Also optional: for even more shine, rub some chapstick over lids. 

What eye looks are you going to wear this holiday season?
Have a great weekend! Be safe, behave, and be well. Love, Elle





60 comments:

  1. I am horrible at putting on makeup, and I can never be successful at lining the top of my eyelid. You did such a great job! I think I'll be lucky if I'm wearing some mascara during the holiday season. Sometimes, that's just how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This tutorial might actually be something I can follow!

    HAPPY FRIDAYYYYY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got to try this - it looks amazing!

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!! you did such an amazing job!! I love the cat eye look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this look... it's so sexy!

    have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous look, I wish I could do something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, very impressive! I love this look.

    I think this is definitely a look I'd rock during the holidays, and of course I'll do my signature smoky eye... one thing I definitely want to do during the holidays is a red lip! what better time?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss eye makeup. Kinda have to give it up while recovering from eye surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh I've been contemplating getting a liquid liner for some time now. Might have to take the plunge, I love this eye look for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooo!!! i absolutely love this eye makeup...i want this look for my birthday! thanks for the tutorial :) xoxoxo brynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! Great post.

    Last giveaway of the week over at Birdie to be!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the winged eye look. It's so sex kitten and I love even more that you gave us the perfect outfit to wear with it. I agree on the leopard flats!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! You recreated it perfect!

    Oh, and please don't tell Ian!! It was SO hard to pick...You know he's always #1 in my eyes :P hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am definitely going to give this a try it looks so chic! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. your eyes look gorgeous!! great tutorial. will be trying this for our company party :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these cat eyes!

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm terrified of liquid eyeliner- but this looks great!
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. love this! You did such an amazing job...definitely love to rock this look for a night put on the town! xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. fabulous!! this is perfect for my saturday night out. have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Winged eye liner is super sexy when it is done right. Great tips! xoxo
    http://hellofridaybypaik.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. GORGEOUS! This looks JUST like the photo! Must try this for my next dress up event!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is amazing! Elle, I know you've done a lot of great make-up looks and this is my ALL time favorite! I hope I can try to recreate this!

    ReplyDelete
  23. OK< still too wimpy to try this look, even though I think it looks amazing. You really put together a great tutorial, though.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  24. love the winged eye look! cat eyes always look fab. i think i'll prolly do a lot of smokey eyes! and bright lips. though not together!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. i've never thought of rubbing chapstick on my eyelids, that's a really good tip, thanks! i don't know what eye looks i'll be wearing for the holidays (i'm not that good with eye makeup), but i am definitely loving this look -- love the cat eye! :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am so trying this makeup look out - it is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning-you did such a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, I actually couldn't tell which was your eye and which was Scarlet's and had to scroll back up. Amazing. Definitely going to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  29. So pretty, loving the eye liner! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. i love this make up style!

    http://cashmereflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love Scarlet! She's sexy all the time and I love this look. Elle, you did an excellent job re-creating it. Both of you have similar eyes. Hope you're enjoying your weekend! :D
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great job Elle and i love the drama of these eyes!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hey girl,

    Thank you for stopping by my way! Great post and how gorgeous does your eye makeup look? Spot on! Except you have lashes that most peeps would envy!
    x.o.x.o

    ReplyDelete
  34. I LOVE the cat eye look for nights out!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Scarlett looks amazing here and I love how perfectly you recreated her eye make up! I'm not as skillful when it comes to it and thus make use eye liner more modestly, but I guess I should give the look a try some time!

    Come enter my giveaway? :) http://bit.ly/v6aTxt

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lovely tutorial very nicely done :)



    http://fashionyard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thanks for this fantastic tutorial, I hope that I can recreate this look as well you have.

    ReplyDelete
  38. g-d shes beautiful

    xx.M

    www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great details! Love the cat eyes.. Thank you for sharing :) -akiko

    http://styleimported.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a gorgeous eye look! I love the shadow colors.
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. that eye makeup is amazing!! so dramatic and makes a great statement.

    ReplyDelete
  42. This is a great tutorial! I think I might actually be able to accomplish this.

    ReplyDelete
  43. LOVE this look! The perfect cat-eye, if I ever saw one.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I'm pretty sure I can't pull that out perfectly.. I'll try though,, soon enough am getting a new haircut (style yet to be decided), so I could as well try some new make-up tip! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  45. AMAZING tutorial!!! You did a fabulous job :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love this subtle yet dramatic look!

    Bright Green Laces

    ReplyDelete
  47. Do you have any suggestions on getting it to stay? Maybe my eyes are just really watery, but it always ends up either worn off or totally smudged after a short period of time. Thanks!

    xo,
    kate

    undeniable style

    ReplyDelete
  48. You must have a steady hand - this looks amazing! I definitely need to put more effort into my eye make up.

    ReplyDelete

I respond to comments via email, so make sure I can respond!
For a faster response, please use Twitter or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

More ways to keep up with me: Bloglovin, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram , Youtube or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

You made my day by visiting! See ya tomorrow :)

Disclaimer:

All products mentioned are purchased by me unless stated.
All pics, thoughts, etc, are mine unless otherwise noted. Publishing or redistributing any content from this blog is strictly prohibited. Please seek permission first. Thank you.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...