I've seen this Scarlet Johansson ad for a few months now and when it appeared on the back of this month's ELLE, I knew I had to recreate it. This dramatic eye look goes perfectly with a fancy dress and a fun evening--think holiday parties. It would even look especially darling with a black cashmere turtleneck sweater, jeans, and leopard flats! Let's see how I did it:
- ELF Liquid Eyeliner ($1)
- Wet N Wild eyeshadow palette in Sweet as Candy ($3)
- L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara ($5)
- ELF C Brush ($3)
- Crease Brush ($1)
- Eye Makeup & Q-Tips
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in French Fries ($4.49)
- Eyelash curler
- Plain or cherry chapstick
- This is optional, but for a longer-lasting color, apply the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil on the lid as a base. Be sure to rub in.
- Using the C brush (or finger), pat the pink shade from the Sweet as Candy palette all over the lid.
- With the crease brush, brush the pink shade just like eyeliner under the bottom lashes to smoke out the color.
- Pat a finger in the white shade and pat it on the lid right over the eyeball (in other words, the center of the lid).
- Using the crease brush, dip in the brown shade and sweep over the crease in a windshield wiper motion.
- Wipe off the crease brush and get a little of the white shade. Blow off the excess and sweep under the brows for a subtle highlight.
- Curl lashes and apply mascara.
- My eyes are a bit rounder than Scarlet's, so I applied my liner from the inner corner to the outer corner and made my liner thicker--this is to make them appear a bit more almond-shaped, like hers. If your eyes are almond-shaped, start applying the liner from the where the iris begins.
- Drag the liner to the end. To create the wing, pretend you're drawing up the meet the tip of your eyebrow. For more help, see my tutorial I did with gel liner and here is Lauren Conrad's liquid liner tutorial. Use Q-tips dipped in eye makeup remover to get stray marks or to start over. The more practice, the better and easier it gets.
- Optional: fill in brows to make them thicker like Scarlet's. Also optional: for even more shine, rub some chapstick over lids.
What eye looks are you going to wear this holiday season?
Have a great weekend! Be safe, behave, and be well. Love, Elle