"You could NOT need anymore makeup!" said my friend as I opened the My Glam bag and I mentally removed him from my Christmas list.
"But I use this stuff all the time! I need it!" I pleaded.
"Ok, use all of those samples at the same time," he said.
I like a challenge, so that's exactly what I did!
Check out my Subtle Holiday Shimmer look--perfect for a holiday party or New Year's Eve. It's also great for those of us who don't wear makeup often, but want a little something extra. Read on:
- To remove any oil, I patted my face with the lavender Mai Couture blotting sheets.
- I applied the Urban Decay Eyeshadow primer to my lids.
- Using a flat brush, I patted the UD shadow in Sin (already owned it in the Naked Palette, shh!) all over my lid. I used a fluffy brush to blend it towards my eyebrows.
- I dabbed a the tip of the Lights, Cameras, Lashes mascara by Tarte on my eyelids--yes you read that right--and smudged it out.
- Next, I brushed on one coat of the Tarte mascara on my eyelashes. I define a coat as only dipping in the bottle once.
- The Mai Couture also came with blush papers--I rubbed one on my cheeks. These are amazing for travel--no mess!
- I completed the look by putting the NYX Soft Matte Cream on my lips--it goes on like a gloss, but feels like a lipstick that sets matte. Maybe it's because I have a cold, but it felt more like a lip stain that you could wipe off to me.
- For a little more subtle shimmer, I dabbed the UD shadow in Sin right above my Cupid's Bow and right in the center of my bottom lip.
The lid is very shimmery--but the camera isn't picking up on it!
I got these products mentioned above from My Glam--a subscription service like Birchbox or Glossybox, but so much better! All the products are full or deluxe sizes, and the products come in a cute little bag! I'm not getting paid to endorse them--I'm just ecstatic and wanted to share with my readers!