And just what are you up to this weekend? Any holiday parties coming up? I have one (and I'm throwing one too! Details soon.) that's on a weeknight (!!!). Due to lovely Atlanta traffic, I won't have time to drive home, get dolled up, and drive to the party. Here is my tried-and-true Quick Party Makeup--I can do this in 5 minutes, and you can too. Here are the steps:
- If needed, put some HD Powder on your face. It's great for minimizing fine lines, hiding imperfections, and adding a little brightness. Mine's from ELF for $6, and rivals the expensive brands.
- Looking a little tired from that long day at work? Try a little highlighter, like this one from Benefit. Apply it under brow bones, above cupid's bow, or along cheeks. Highlighter is available in liquid, cream, or creamy stick form, so choose the kind that's right for you.
- Ok, so the highlighter isn't your thing? A bright blush (I like pink) is great for night, adds color, and is wearable by anyone. The one pictured is from Stila and adjusts to you!
- I like to play up my eyes at night and keep my lips neutral. One tool I swear by is the mascara curler. I curl 5 seconds at the base, 3 seconds in the middle, and one last crimp at the end.
- Make a little cat eye or increase the drama with liquid liner. This one is waterproof too! TIP: depending on your dress, try a different colored liner, like plum.
- A volumizing mascara, like this one from L'Oreal, is essential to any party look.
- I mentioned earlier it's all about the eyes for a party look, so I usually go for a clear or light gloss.
- EXTRA TIP: Chapstick is one of my party clutch essentials. I use a little on my eyelids to make them shiny (ex: if I don't use eyeshadow, like with a cat eye). I also use it on my heels to prevent blisters. Zipper stuck on your dress? Try some Chapstick. I seriously have over 50 uses for it (one day I'll post them). Not a makeup fan? Dab on some bright lipstick and go!
Are you hosting or attending any parties this month? What makeup or outfit are you wearing? Leave me links in the comments!