1. Subtle Ombre Nails--You need are 5 shades of polish that are similar; just paint each nail a different color. You get the ombre effect but in a very subtle way. Super easy.
2. Two Color Ombre--I originally shared this Ocean Waves Gradient Nails here. Essentially, you alternate between two colors; I used white and aqua.
3.Three Color Ombre--My Ombre Sunset Nails are easy to create. Dip a makeup sponge into 3 colors and then press onto nails.
- Chunky (big) glitter polish
- Smaller (fine) glitter polish
- Base color
- All of the polishes used should be in the same color family.
- Clear coat
Revlon's Strength of Pink, Pure Ice's Spitfire, Revlon's Sparkling
M E T H O D:
- Paint base color and let dry--you might need two coats.
- About halfway down the nail, paint a thin coat of the fine glitter polish, to the tip of the nail. Let dry.
You can leave it like this--just as pretty!
- Paint the chunky glitter polish on the upper fourth of the nail, focusing the polish on the tip. I used Sparkling, which is my dupe for Essie's A Cut Above. Dry, paint a clear coat on top, and that's it!
T I P S:
- No glitter polish? You can use actual glitter or make your own nail polish from eye shadow.
- Remember, if these looks are too much, just try an accent nail!
- Don't like the colors I use? Consider these colors your inspiration--use what you like instead!
Ombre glitter nails with a second coat of glitter polish, for a darker effect.
Click here for more Nail Tutorials!