- 1 in curling iron
- heat protectant spray
- hairspray (optional--I don't use any!)
M E T H O D:
- I've missed having some curls around here, so I hope you enjoy this tutorial! Brush and spray hair with heat protectant. Plug and turn on curling iron. Choose as low of a setting as you can use to avoid damage.
- To make this process faster, I divide my hair in half, with hair over each shoulder. I also like to work from back to front, placing curled sections to the back as I complete them, but use whatever method you'd like.
- Use 1 inch sections for this hairstyle, just like the curling iron's barrel. I chose this size because I wanted tighter curls, and since so many of you say that curls fall out for you, the hair will still look pretty once the curls fall. Use a smaller barrel for tighter curls and larger for larger.
- Curl from the end of the hair to the root, twirling the wand just like you're wrapping your hair in a roller. You aren't doing a spiral wave here, so no wrapping the hair around the barrel; roll it up.
- Release the curl gently by pulling the wand down. You'll end up with what I call sausage curls. If you're entering a Shirley Temple contest, feel free to stop here. ;)
- Let curls cool to avoid curls falling out faster.
- Shake out curls by raking fingers through them. Don't brush your hair.
- Spray with hairspray for hold if desired.
- This should take about 5 minutes of curling and 5 minutes of cooling. That's it!
Another way to style the curls later in the day/second day
Have a great weekend!
Be safe, behave, and be well. Love, Elle
Have a request? Email me.
Please help me reach 1000 followers by my birthday next month. Thank you!