10.04.2012

Product Test Drive: PMD Personal Microderm


Autumn is my favorite season for many reasons--you're past the stickiness of summer but not yet into the harshness of winter. What better time to start a skincare regiment, like microdermabrasion? Let me explain--this level of exfoliation allows skin to be primed and prepped to better absorb skincare products. And what do I use? PMD--personal microderm. I was sent this amazing device and cannot wait to share it with you--it's that good. I've tried many products and this works the best.


What Is It?
PMD is an easy-to-use hand-held device that works just like a professional microdermabrasion treatment without the hassle or cost. It can be used on your face or body! PMD works for many types of skin as well as benefits just about all ages. PMD has been featured on Dr. Oz, Good Morning America, and Instyle Magazine, just to name a few.


How Does It Work?
The hand-held device uses the same aluminum oxide crystals as the $10k machines found at the doctor's office, but at a fraction of the cost. It smooths away dead skin cells, diminishes age spots and other signs of aging. PMD is ideal for those with fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, acne, skin discolorations, and other imperfections who want smooth, even-toned skin. It really works.

Choose disc. Pop disc onto device.

How Do You Use It?
There is a DVD (video on the website) that shows you how to use the PMD. I'm giving a brief overview of the directions. Using incorrectly can hurt your skin.
  • Choose the disc that has the desired level of microdermabrasion that you'd like. It comes with a training disc (a requirement that gets your familiar with the system and how your skin will react) and other levels of discs. Pop disc into the device and screw on the cap, making sure the disc isn't sticking above the cap.
  • Start with a clean, dry face. Plug in and turn on the device. Holding skin taut with one hand, put the device on your face and move in a line upward. Don't go over the same area twice. 
  • It feels like a gentle suction that doesn't hurt.
  • Afterwards your skin will feel instantly super soft and wonderful. My skin turns red when touched, so my face was red but it went away soon after. Use no more than once every 6-7 days.
Twist on cap.

Where Can I Find More Info?
You can purchase PMD here. Want more ways to connect with PMD?

Hold skin taut while moving the device across face


PS: My birthday is on the 18th and I'd love the gift of 1000 followers, which I see as verification of my over 2 and a half years of blogging. It's about time, right? Will you click  GFC or Bloglovin to see if you're following already? Thank you so very, very much. xo

29 comments:

  1. Is it really working? I never really trust that kind of machine >.<

    http://missoline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo, this is interesting and something i'd like to research more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds so interesting! i would love to get one. :)

    p.s. i am a follower, of course. and i'm sure you'll reach your goal of 1000 followers in no time! :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    LensVillage Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's interesting. I would still prefer going for a facial treatment though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard about this before. Thanks for the review :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!!! Awesome! And how cool is it that you could to test it out?! I'm glad that you give it two thumbs up! Can't wait to see the long term results for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear it works well and doesn't hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel like my beauty routine is seriously lacking since reading your blog! Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I seriously may need to invest in that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want one of these. Love your review.

    Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always been scared of doing this but this looks like it can do wonders for your skin : )

    xo,
    Cindi
    Breakfast at Cindi’s

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay you've totally made me want one of these...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't heard of these before! It was interesting to hear how you use it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i have honestly never even heard of such a thing! what a crazy cool contraption

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great device!!! I didn't know about it. You did an excellent job explaining it Elle. You totally deserve 1000 followers. Good luck!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. now I want one. I have acne scars from past pimples that will not go away.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post love! I'm always interested in finding out about new gadgets like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow sounds interesting! I want to try it out.. Great post! Xx

    www.itchyedgy.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooooo...sounds like a good product. I've been dying to get one of these, but have not really done much research.
    And advanced happy bday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. As complex as it seems, I need this product in my life. I follow you on both...hope you get your wish before your bday! Happy Friday Elle!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the PMD overview! I've been really curious about microdermabrasion - you should do a review in a month or two about this!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  22. I made sure I'm a follower! My birthday is this month too, but there's no way I will be anywhere close to 1,000. Haha. Happy with my 650 for now :)That looks like a fun toy! Good to hear it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. interesting! thanks for sharing :)

    http://www.counttofour.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm always curious as to whether or not these kinds of things work...

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love coming here and getting new beauty advice. I need to try it for my skin. Happy early birthday and since I am following you on GFC. I added you to my pinterest and bloglovin. Good luck in attaining your goal.
    XO,
    Zhanna

    ReplyDelete
  26. Holy cow! I didn't even know something like this existed! This is incredible!

    P.S. - I just read about fifty of your blog posts and I love them all! Your blog is incredible! I'm so excited to follow you!

    mollywallaceblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I respond to comments via email, so make sure I can respond!
For a faster response, please use Twitter or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

More ways to keep up with me: Bloglovin, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram , Youtube or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

You made my day by visiting! See ya tomorrow :)

Disclaimer:

All products mentioned are purchased by me unless stated.
All pics, thoughts, etc, are mine unless otherwise noted. Publishing or redistributing any content from this blog is strictly prohibited. Please seek permission first. Thank you.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...