So, um, yes, this is one of those posts that was supposed to make an appearance a couple of months ago. But, life happens, occasional losing of a calendar happens, and here we are. Keepin' it real and all that...If you're in the mood to step out of the usual shadows, I've got a couple of palettes for you to try that most certainly won't break the bank. And the best part? They can easily transition into winter (or any season). These palettes have basic (just apply one shade to the lid) to great daytime (lid and crease) looks, night (lid, crease, definer) and of course, smokey eyes (smudge the darkest shade). Check out my Drugstore Palettes:
Wet N Wild in Comfort Zone
- 8-shadow palette, ranging from cream to gold to brown to green
- Several MAC dupes
- Shimmery shadows
I'm a devoted WNW fan--they have some really great products at an affordable price, and I've featured many on my blog. But this palette can be used year-round, making it an even better deal (check out my St. Pat's shadow tutorial).
Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette
- 88-shadow palette, ranging from off-white to orange to brown to green to black
- Shadows are dime-sized
- $13.72 (currently on sale, but retails $24.95, so look for sales on the site and twitter)
- Several MAC dupes
- Shimmery and matte shadows
Coastal Scents features products at great prices, including my favorite fluffy shadow brush and so many palettes. I got this for Christmas last year and have been surprised at how much I've used it, even in my Halloween Makeup.
T I P S
- Usually within a drugstore palette, there are bound to be some shades that are chalky or not as pigmented as you'd like. To combat that, use a primer and check out my How to Get Drugstore Shadows to Pop guide.
- End up with a shade you don't like? Make your shadow into polish instead!
- More Fall Beauty Trends
What palettes do you use for fall?
PS: Don't forget to enter my OWN Renewing Skin Care giveaway--the entire line is given away!
New ways to enter have been added.