I was very thankful to have yesterday off for Veteran's Day and naturally the most thankful for those who have served and continue to. I reflected more on Sunday (11-11) and spent yesterday visiting blogs and creating posts. I threw in some laundry on a rainy Monday. And I played around with my hair--read on:
So yesterday, I shared all about clipless curling wands, and today I'm going to show you how to use them. Regardless of the type you purchase (straight, tapered, inverted) the method is the same. With a little practice, you'll be enjoying curls and waves in no time!
Basic Wave Method:
- Spray heat protectant into hair, plug in curling wand, and adjust heat.
- Make sure hair is free of tangles. Choose a section of hair about an inch wide.
- Put on heat protective glove on the hand that is not holding the wand (if desired).
- Point the tip of the wand towards the floor, and the cord should be pointed towards the ceiling.
- For the basic wave method, start around the ears. For more volume/curls, start at the root.
- Put the wand under your section. This will have the waves going away from your face.
- Wrap the section around the wand, and there should be part of the barrel showing through.
- Hold for about 10 seconds. Repeat all over hair.
- To make waves look even more natural, try alternating the size of the sections and how you wave them, meaning some pieces will start off with the wand on top of hair, and others with the hair on top of the wand.
Types of Wands:
1 inch tapered wand
1.5 inch tapered clipless wand
1 in inverted (small at top, larger curls at bottom)
1 inch straight wand
- Similar to above except hair is wrapped close together on the wand.
- For waves or curls with volume at the roots, start curling hair at the root.
1 inch Jose Eber Straight Curling Clipless Wand
Behind the scenes! Charlie Brown is over me taking pics.
PS: Don't forget to enter my OWN Renewing Skin Care giveaway--the entire line!
New ways to enter have been added.
Questions about Curling Wands or how to use? Let me know, below!