In addition to the usual items (check out my original NYE Survival Kit) you would ordinarily pop in your purse, consider adding these unusual items to your NYE On-the-Go Kit:
Lip Balm (plain)
- rub on your heels before wearing shoes to help avoid blisters
- place on minor cuts/shaving knicks
- tame unruly eyebrows
- rub on dry elbows/knees
- removes clumps on lashes
- for blotting lipstick
- blot oily skin (toilet seat covers work too)
- Check out my other Starbucks Beauty Tips
- tame flyaways in hair
- reduce static in clothes
- eliminates stinky hair
Interdental Brush--These tiny brushes used to clean braces are a staple in my bag. There are over a dozen uses:
- from taming eyebrows and baby hairs
- to exfoliating lips (you gotta be kissable at midnight!).
- In addition to whiter teeth and fresher breath
- try it to wash smells from your hands
- quickly whiten shoes.
Sugar Substitute Packet
- Pour onto a grease spot and allow the sugar to harden and soak up the grease. Brush away and the spot will be gone! This works best if it's instantly applied.
After the Evening:
- Spray on armpit area of clothes (not skin) or inside of shoes to remove smell.
- Spray dry shampoo or touchable scented hairspray on your hair and brush through after a minute or so. It will help prevent stinky hair after a long night out, if you're too tired to wash your hair. See how to use dry shampoo here.
Baby Wipes (or makeup wipes)--If you're too tired to wash your face after a long night out, remove makeup with these.
Hangover Mask & Hangover Helpers--Use yogurt on your face after a night out to refresh your skin. See the whole Hangover Mask post here. Also, look at these Hangover Helpers.
PS: Check out my tip on how to Avoid Flashback in Photos.
Hair/makeup ideas for NYE tomorrow!