Happy weekend to us! What are your plans? I'm currently battling a nasty cold that sneaked up on me--I took an entire day (aka two weeks in Blog Years) off from the blog and all forms of social media. That's how you know it's serious! But while I'm resting, I hope you like my Burberry-Inspired Nails. This tutorial brings back memories of my first trip to Europe and it was the first "fancy" nail art design I ever tried back in '05. Enjoy!
T O O L S
Nail polish in nude, red, black, white--I used striper polishes purchased for $1 at the dollar store
Striper brush--you can purchase or make your own
M E T H O D
Paint a coat or two of the nude polish and allow to dry.
Paint two white stripes as shown and allow to dry fully.
Paint thin black stripes as shown and allow to dry.
Paint thin red stripes and allow to dry. Add top coat.
T I P S
- Make sure there is barely any polish on the brush.
- Move your finger instead while keeping the brush still.
- Use the very tip of the striper brush, with little pressure for thin lines.
- Practice makes perfect! I tried this on paper before moving onto my nail.
- If this seems too time-consuming, try an accent nail instead, and paint the other nails nude or black.
- To help ease the polish cleanup, I rub Vaseline or Chapstick around my nails.
Have a great weekend! Be safe, behave, and be well. Love, Elle
PS: Next week I'm answering YOUR beauty/hair questions!