6.13.2013

Summer Week: Textured, Loose Waves (Video!)


Today on Summer Week I'm sharing my Textured, Loose Waves. These take me about 5-10 minutes and are pretty any time of year. This post shares the highlights of the video, so for more details, please watch the video. Enjoy!
N e e d:
Heat protectant
Brush/comb
Texturizing Cream
1 inch curling wand
Heat resistant glove (optional)
hairspray (optional)

D o:
Spray hair with heat protectant and allow to dry fully before applying heat.

With the curling wand pointed down (I'm using one from Herstyler I got on Amazon) take a 1 inch section and make sure the curling wand is behind it.


Wrap the hair around the barrel making sure the barrel can be seen.
Hold 5-10 seconds.
On the next section of hair, place the wand in front of the section of hair and wrap around the barrel.
This will curl hair toward the face. I like to vary the size of sections and the curl direction to make the waves look more natural.
Repeat all over your head.


Take about a quarter (thick hair) or dime (reg-thin hair) of texturizing cream and distribute through hair. I'm using Not Your Mothers, which smells amazing by the way! I like using a cream as opposed to a spray because it helps to define, give texture, and it isn't crunchy. I like scrunching it (as I attempted to photograph above) or defining pieces. That's it!




Enjoy the video below:



27 comments:

  1. I really need a curling wand like this....NEED! Great tutorial, Elle:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! what an easy tut. i really need a curling wand. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice relaxed look which is perfect for holidays.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i tend to hold my wand up...perhaps it gives off a different kind of wave if i held it down? i'll try tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. going to have to try this out one day

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried that cream from NYM but I love the dry shampoo from their brand! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great, natural look for summer!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look really pretty Elle!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love your hair sweety :)

    New post - Kisses
    http://www.mademoisellemode.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your hair

    New post - Kisses
    http://www.mademoisellemode.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tutorial! I wish my hair was long enough to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love loose waves. I have been trying to accomplish a similar look the last few days.

    Tracy @ www.sunnydaystarrynight.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! I love this hair style so much because it's relaxed yet so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute tutorial Elle, you make everything seem so easy! I have a wand but i rarely use it because when i try it's so hard to use, I think i was doing it wrong. I might try it again because I like how your curls look! :) Oh and I've never tried texturizing cream before, I think i might try it. Loving your summer week! :)

    Nina
    http://curvymod.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your hair looks beautiful! This is the perfect look for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. well it looks FABULOUS!

    i have never held he curling iron that way. must try it! i have tons 'o layers, so it is tricky for me to get hair like this. very, very tricky! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous! Such a breezy, pretty summertime style. :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is my favourite type of hairstyle..I think for any season, it looks luxurious! Great tutorial and looking forward to the nail post!

    ReplyDelete
  19. gorgeous as always - one of these days I'll get my hair to stay that way! I was looking through your photos and the mirror makes it look like you have a tiara and a crown on haha how cute! I thought oh... Elle is spicing this look up lol!

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the look!
    xo
    MOSAMUSE

    www.MOSAMUSE.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are rockin' those waves! I have naturally curly hair and I can't bring myself to do this because of all the money I spend on Keratin and all the time I spend with my flat iron, but you look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely! I have wavy hair so I just need to let my hair dry naturally and put texturizing spray on it, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look so pretty, Elle! I love the waves on you. If I didn't have to straighten my hair and THEN add the waves, I would totally do this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your hair... so PRETTY!

    Xoxo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this product. Since my hair is naturally curly I use it without any hot tools but the curls come out natural and soft. love it

    Cindy's Little Black Book

    ReplyDelete

I respond to comments via email, so make sure I can respond!
For a faster response, please use Twitter or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

More ways to keep up with me: Bloglovin, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram , Youtube or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

You made my day by visiting! See ya tomorrow :)

Disclaimer:

All products mentioned are purchased by me unless stated.
All pics, thoughts, etc, are mine unless otherwise noted. Publishing or redistributing any content from this blog is strictly prohibited. Please seek permission first. Thank you.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...