7.26.2013

DIY: Cupake Bath Bombs


Hey you! Happy weekend to us! I actually have a busy weekend ahead of me, and I'm excited! But if I get a chance to relax, I'll be using one of these sweet treats in my bath: cupcake bath bombs! While I've shared lots of bath bomb recipes on the blog before, these are one of my most-requested by
my friends, and they're so easy!
Enjoy.

N e e d:
  • 1/4 c citric acid (try Whole Foods or online)
  • 2 1/2 c baking soda
  • 1 c Epsom salt
  • witch hazel or water
  • cupcake liners
  • cupcake pan
  • optional: soap colorant, essential oils, eggs for meringue "frosting", icing bag with tip

D o:

Add dry ingredients and mix well.
Then add soap colorants (won't stain like food coloring can. I got mine at Michaels) 
and essential oils. Mix these thoroughly.
Lightly spray mixture with witch hazel or water until it starts to stick together.
If you spray too much, it'll fizz.


Add liners to the pan.
I like using a pan because it will help the cupcakes keep their shape.
Allow these to try at least overnight.
I kept these in my car to dry. :)
Add garnish of meringue. 
I used an icing decorating bag from the dollar store.
Pop in the tub and let it fizz!


T r y:
  • These make great gifts!
  • Be careful if your skin is sensitive to citric acid (like mine). I would suggest gloves when mixing.
  • If you don't have citric acid, use cream of tartar instead. 
  • Please click the DIY tab at the top of this page for more ideas!
  • For more bath bomb recipes that I've shared, search "bath bomb" in the handy search box on the left-hand side. 


Have a great weekend. Be safe, behave, and be well. Love, Elle


27 comments:

  1. These are so adorable. Great gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's official: you are THE queen of DIYs! :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy that I only discovered/started using bath bombs very recently, but I love them so much and this looks super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another cool DIY, Elle:) My kiddos love bath bombs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute. What if I accidentally eat one, haha! Makes for great gifts for sure! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my granddaughters would love these. They love any thing frilly and feminine. You have the best home remedy recipes! Have a great weekend and see you on IG!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness ! These are too cute !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is such an ingenious idea! love it and it's super cute.

    i tagged you to do the 7 deadly sins of beauty tag so check it out!
    http://heyitsemily25.blogspot.com/2013/07/im-back-seven-deadly-sins-of-beauty.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have read my mind Elle, I was needing to add a little something to a few gift bags and this seems like the perfect idea! Have a fab weekend hun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this diy! I don't take baths a lot but this is a good excuse to have 'em now :) thanks Elle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG I've been wanting to buy one of these for a while now....now I can just make one myself! Super excited! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omg this is such a cute idea!
    I am going to try this myself and this will make some good gifts too!

    Google + / Twitter / Bloglovin


    with love, Cassandra xx
    http://backtofive.blogspot.com


    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute and great gifts too. and easy to make as well. Thanks for sharing Elle.

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful!!!!:)
    www.borsadimarypoppins.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so cute! I really want to make them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok, that is the coolest thing ever! Elle, you rule!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. fun! and i so wanna EAT hahaha
    ww.M
    www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are ADORABLE. I love that you always share easy gift ideas -- especially for people like me who are homemade-gift challenged. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. very cute DIY!!
    xo
    MOSAMUSE

    www.MOSAMUSE.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is beyond cute! It looks so easy to make.

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great recipe! I also cleaned my medicine cabinet:-)
    hugs from New York,
    xx
    Ask Erena
    http://askerena.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute but what is the meringue made of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. egg whites, cream of tartar, sugar, but feel free to purchase or find other meringue recipes you like

      Delete

I respond to comments via email, so make sure I can respond!
For a faster response, please use Twitter or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

More ways to keep up with me: Bloglovin, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram , Youtube or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

You made my day by visiting! See ya tomorrow :)

Disclaimer:

All products mentioned are purchased by me unless stated.
All pics, thoughts, etc, are mine unless otherwise noted. Publishing or redistributing any content from this blog is strictly prohibited. Please seek permission first. Thank you.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...