7.19.2013

Video: My Favorite Matte Neutral Palettes (Drugstore and High End)


Hey you. It's THE WEEKEND! Any amazing plans up your sleeve? Well, whether you have a fancy night or just a casual one, and if you're wearing eye shadow, I'd suggest a matte neutral palette. These are my go-to everyday shadows. Neutrals are safe, look-good-on-everyone shades and are an essential in a makeup bag. Mattes are great at defining the crease, look high end, and are an essential if you're an older woman. Satin and shimmery shadows settle into lines, making them look worse. I could go on and on, but instead, I'll just show you! Enjoy my Favorite Matte Neutral Palettes:
Drugstore--
L'Oreal Colour Riche Quad 839 Cuppa Joe
  • $8-$10
  • 4 shades
  • Natural
  • Directions on back
  • Compact
  • Perfect for daytime, office, work, school
  • Light to medium skin tones will really love this.
  • CONS: case cracks easily

All in One--
NYX One Night in Morocco
  • $6-$9
  • Smokey and Neutral looks
  • 6 shades
  • Day/Nighttime looks
  • Bonus shadow primer and lip glosses
  • Excellent for travel, plus mirror
  • Great for all skin tones
  • Darker shades can be used as liner
Best Value
Sonia Kashuk for Target Eye on Neutral
  • $20
  • 12 shades
  • Day/Night
  • Variety of looks
  • Darker shades can be used as eyeliner
  • CONS: packaging is not travel-friendly and gets dirty easily

High End
Urban Decay Naked Basics
  • $27
  • 6 shades, one has satin finish
  • Variety of looks
  • Excellent for rare shadow wearer
  • Quality shadows
  • Day/Night
  • Perfect for travel
  • Durable packaging
  • CON: hard to open
What's your go-to palette?

For swatches and comparisons to the UD palette mentioned above, check out my video:

So, do we have any dupes? Check out comparisons, below:






30 comments:

  1. I love palets NAKED ;) Very beautiful neutral colours ;)


    I follow you beautiful blog. I hope you will follow me back and I will wait for you in my blog www.gabusiek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great suggestions here and these are my favourite shades - neutrals and smokey shades. I'm a fan of Clinique but I do try other brands too.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The L'oreal one looks really great for the price. I think I should be able to get there in the UK too so that's on my list! I am after the Naked 2 palette, but funds don't allow at the moment as we are having some fairly expensive work done to the house!! Great post again! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use neutral palettes work. The Sonia Kashuk looks nice. I think I will pick up a few when I come to the states. I've seen the Naked Decay around a lot as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been gravitating, more recently, to neutrals--so, I love you published this post! I have a beige-ish hue of lipstick I absolutely adore wearing--especially this time of year. Joy & hugs, T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love most the NYX neutral palettes. I also love the Maybelline duo in Dusk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm always on the lookout for good neutral palettes. Good to know that L'Oreal one is good.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been looking or the Sonia Kashuk palette at my Target but it's never there! I'm not sure if they're always sold out, or they don't carry it anymore.

    http://skinstuffbykaty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is awesome I was on the lookout for some matte shadows

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love neutral palettes! My fave is the urban decay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm still learning how to use matte shadows effectively, but your post is inspiring me to give them another go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great review! I have been looking for a good matte palette, and that Sonia Kashuk palette looks very nice!

    shadowlinergirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to pick up the Urban Basic shadows!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the video and this post. Neutral palettes are my thing. I have and love all the naked palettes from Urban Decay, but the Naked Basics one would have to be my favorite. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really, really wanted to purchase the NAKED basics palette. However, now looking at the Loreal and the Sonia Kashuk palettes, maybe there's a dupe? Which of those two would you say has the best pigmentation?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great palettes! My favorite right now is Benefit's big beautiful eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i really have to practice putting on eye makeup, haha! ;)

    p.s. these are nice basic colors!

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the shades of Sonia Kashuk palette for everyday use and traveling. Will definitely note this down and add to my make up shopping list. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great palettes, i think I would go for the NYX one. wishing you a wonderful and relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those eye shadows are gorgeous! Thank you for your lovely comments. I am your new follower. Hope you will follow me back.
    hugs from New York,
    xx
    Ask Erena
    http://askerena.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Naked is always my choices somehow. I love your post a lot! very helpful <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mattes are the working horses of eyeshadows: they should get more credits because they are amazing for contouring and highlighting...I love them and your selection is amazing

    * MlleWanderlust ✡

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pretty! I love the L'Oreal shades.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am a fan of neutral palettes, especially for summer season. I love the Naked products. Great list of selections. x/Madison

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this! Check our blog http://alltheselittlethings1.blogspot.com/2013/07/sweet-red.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. pretty colors!
    love to look natural!

    xx.M
    www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. nice post!
    xo
    MOSAMUSE

    www.MOSAMUSE.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOVE this!! I'm a huge NYX fan so Im going to look for this palette. thanks elle!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I LOVE your videos! You are too adorable! I'm going to run out and get that L'Oreal palette, it's pretty much what I've been looking for! Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete

I respond to comments via email, so make sure I can respond!
For a faster response, please use Twitter or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

More ways to keep up with me: Bloglovin, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram , Youtube or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

You made my day by visiting! See ya tomorrow :)

Disclaimer:

All products mentioned are purchased by me unless stated.
All pics, thoughts, etc, are mine unless otherwise noted. Publishing or redistributing any content from this blog is strictly prohibited. Please seek permission first. Thank you.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...