8.12.2013

Back to School Week: School Nails


Hey you! It's time for my annual Back to School Week on the blog and class is in session! I've got a week filled with beauty advice, makeup, a DIY, and hair ideas.


Today I'm sharing a school-inspired nail tutorial. It's so easy--you'll see! Get out those school supplies and enjoy!


N e e d:
  • White polish
  • Black polish
  • Matte top coat (optional)
  • Clear top coat
  • Permanent markers

D o:

  • Paint 4 nails white.
  • Paint one nail black and add a matte top coat. This makes it look more like a chalkboard and is completely optional.
  • Using permanent markers, draw school-inspired designs. This is so much easier than using a brush, and chances are you have some markers lying around.
  • I chose a pencil, notebook paper, chalkboard, an apple, and a school pennant flag in my high school's colors. 
  • Finish the white nails with a clear coat.

T r y:
  • Be sure to test the clear coat, as some brands will smear the ink. I used Seche Vite.
  • Make this your own! I used simple designs, but do what works for you!
  • Use your school colors or a try green chalkboard (sidenote: do they even have chalkboards anymore?) or white board. 
  • Back to School Wavy-Striped Nails
  • School Spirit Nails


Don't forget:
Summer's Eve is hosting a giveaway on my blog for a $100 SpaFinder gift card. Who doesn't want a free trip to the spa? Enter here.

24 comments:

  1. It totally makes sense to use a marker to create designs! You made some great designs Elle!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are too adorable, love the apple drawing, its so sweet!Thank you for your kind visit, wish you well for the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are the cutest designs I've ever seen!!!!

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these themed nails, Elle:) Too adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too cute!! I'm not in school anymore but this manicure is adorable.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Rad Market Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! It's so funny now thinking about "Back to School' items! I love those school inspired nails. /Madison

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Elle,
    Love the nails and your blog! I'm just wondering which program you use to edit your photos, specifically to add all the fun text to them.
    Thanks!
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute nails! What a perfect idea for back-to-school!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm the blue and white stripe mani, so very cute. Hope you had a gorgeous weekend honey xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are SO, SO cool! I almost want to do a school girl outfit to have nails like these!

    WWW.ROXTHEFOX.COM

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fun! Although I could only do one hand well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. very cute back to school nails!!
    xo
    MOSAMUSE

    www.MOSAMUSE.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are cute! I love the idea of chalkboard nails... could totally do that with all kinds of shapes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Fledgling Angel I couldn't find any info when I clicked on your profile, but I use PicMonkey

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your creation goes perfectly with the theme, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So stinkin cute, as usual! I meant to tell you last week, you're my go-to guru on beauty products....seriously! I wanted to try a BB cream, and my first thought was hmm, wonder if Elle's tried it? Thanks for being a consistent, truthful, and dependable reference!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely and cute nails!

    http://lemonbeebee.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sooo cute! Now we're all ready for school!
    (^^,)

    ReplyDelete

I respond to comments via email, so make sure I can respond!
For a faster response, please use Twitter or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

More ways to keep up with me: Bloglovin, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram , Youtube or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

You made my day by visiting! See ya tomorrow :)

Disclaimer:

All products mentioned are purchased by me unless stated.
All pics, thoughts, etc, are mine unless otherwise noted. Publishing or redistributing any content from this blog is strictly prohibited. Please seek permission first. Thank you.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...