Hey you! Happy weekend to you! Do you have plans? I'll be spending mine getting over a tiny cold--I just used a honey gargle for my throat before writing this post! I've written about my love of honey before and consider it one of my essential products. For example, when I had a freak accident traveling in Costa Rica, they applied honey immediately to my wounds (another story for another time, perhaps?). The honey I used in today's post was sent for review from Golden Blossom Honey, a company that has been around since 1921.
Golden Blossom Honey is 100% sourced from US beekeepers, and is compromised of three flowers, giving it a distinct flavor, color, and fragrance. It's made between May and August annually and is packed Kosher. I have enjoyed using their honey not only in food, but in Beauty DIY recipes. They sent me some of their many recipes for beauty, but I wanted to share one of my own. This Honey Pecan Scrub is as sweet as it sounds: exfoliating but leaves skin soft. Enjoy!
1/4 c. finely ground pecans
1 tbsp. sweet almond oil
1 tsp. honey
- Mix ingredients.
- Massage onto wet skin. Rinse with warm water. Your skin will not be sticky, just soft!
- If you're allergic to pecans or sweet almond oil, please substitute brown sugar and vitamin E oil, or avoid if necessary.
- I suggest using this on the body, but if you'd like to use it on skin, please be sure to make pecans are thoroughly and finely ground. I hand-crushed the ones I used here and would suggest that consistency for body only.
- Try 2 drops of essential oil that you like for fragrance, if desired.
- Honey is a natural antioxidant and nourishes skin, pecans are an exfoliant, and sweet almond oil is a moisturizer.
Want more recipes using honey?
- Honey Yogurt Hair Smoothie
- Honey, Garlic, Egg Hair Masque
- Sheet Mask Recipes
- DIY Chocolate Sugar Scrub
- DIY Pumpkin Facial Mask
Have a great weekend. Be safe, behave, and be well. Love, Elle