2.14.2014

Beauty DIYs With Valentine's Day Roses

valentine's day roses ideas

Happy Valentine's Day! I happen to love Valentine's Day, but regardless if you celebrate it or not, you'll want to read this post and save it for later. For I'm sure at some point in your life, you'll be given roses, right? Maybe you'll leave them in the vase or maybe you'll decorate the bed with the petals (just sayin')! Instead of throwing them out, let's reuse those roses! Rose are great for the skin, with plenty of benefits. I've got a few easy beauty DIYs you'll want to try using roses. Enjoy!

Rose Petal Bath
This is really more for the decoration, but place a couple of handfuls of petals into the bath. It looks pretty and adds to the ambiance.

Rose Water Toner 
2 c boiling water
1 cup rose petals (dried or fresh)
Add the water to the rose petals. Cover and allow to cool.
Keep in the fridge and use a little as a facial toner (I usually add a tbsp of Witch Hazel when I'm using it for that but it is not needed) or pour some into a bath--don't forget to add rose petals for decoration. I keep this for no longer than a month.

Rose Water Steam Facial
3 c boiling water
1 c rose petals
1 chamomile tea bag
5-10 drops essential oil (optional)
I love this for those days when I want to clear a stuffy nose or clear my skin. It works and it's one I learned from my Mom years ago.
I pour the ingredients into a bowl, put my head over the steam with a towel over my head to seal in the steam. Ten minutes is best, but I can usually make it about 5 before taking a break for water.

Rose Petal Milk Bath
3 c powdered milk (I've used all kinds for this)
1 c rose petals
Mix and pour a handful into the bath. Or more if desired.
I personally like using a food processor with dried petals and then adding the pulverized mix to the powdered milk so I can store it. Store in a jar.

Rose Bath Salts
1 c Epsom salt
1 c sea salt
1 c rose petals
10 drops essential oil (optional)
Soap colorant (optional)
Add a handful to the bath.
Feel free to use just Epsom salt, but I like to mix the salts. This makes a pretty gift.
I like using dried rose petals for this, and when giving as a gift, I'll use soap colorant (available at craft stores) in pink, red, or whatever color the roses are. Sometimes I'll add some rose essential oil or lemon or lavender. Store in a jar.

Rose Bath Oil 
1 c oil of choice (make sure it is suitable for your skin)
1 c rose petals
Mix and pour about a tablespoon into a hot bath. Exercise caution when exiting the bath. I prefer to infuse the oil and the petals by slowly heating the oil and adding the petals, allowing to be heated for 10 minutes. Store in a dark bottle.

I suggest using double the amount if using fresh petals.
No tub? No problem. Try these as treatments for your feet instead.
Avoid recipes if allergic.

Not into roses? Check out these DIYs instead:
Don't forget to enter these 2 giveaways:
Have a great weekend! Be safe, behave, and be well. Love, Elle

40 comments:

  1. I really like the idea of the toner, sounds like the perfect thing for my sensitive skin. Thanks for your great comment, whether or not you're celebrating, from one blog friend to another...Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I definitely had no idea there were so many beauty treatments you could do with roses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fragrance of roses and so many of these things sound wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great ideas! i like the idea of a rose bath. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all such great ideas! I'm going to have to try some of these!

    <3,
    Pamela
    http://sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... great ideas! Perfect for some leftover roses :) Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know that some people don't like the smell of roses, but, I've always loved it! A rose petal bath sounds HEAVENLY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have the best DIY posts and ideas. Love the rose petal milk bath and rose bath salts!

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love anything rose scented. These DIYs sound amazing. Happy Valentine's Day Elle!

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love rose water. These are some great DIY recipes. I have to try them out.
    Enjoy your Valentine's Day hun.
    Beautetude

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always have the best DIY posts!!! I love all of these ideas with the rose petals!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great ideas and perfect for Valentine's Day! Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is genius! I'm actually not a big fan of flowers because they just die quickly and then I feel like it's a waste of money. But being able to re-use them would totally make getting flowers seem worthwhile and I wouldn't feel guilty just throwing them away. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that was amazing... i have roses here, i should try your tips. hehe

    It’s a GIRL Thing

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love making Rose Water Toner with roses from my backyard. Now I have some new things to make as well. Happy Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing ideas, Elle! I forgot how much you can do with rose petals. I have to try some of the bath salts/soaks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i need to buy some rose petals...i love the idea of the milk bath! happy valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I always know where to come to when I need to think of what to do with something when its done lol....the bath salts sounds like something I would totally use!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A rose petal bath sounds lovely! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rose water steam facial sounds great! I know steaming is really good for your skin, but I always forget about it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really great ideas, sadly I've never been a huge fan of Valentines day...

    would you like to follow each other?
    Shadow Play

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fab DIY's! I adore anything rose scented. T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow thanks for sharing the tutorial! gonna try this looks interesting <3

    Letters To Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  24. As a beauty fanatic, I think these are excellent options Elle.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sweet stuff Elle! Hope you had a fab VDay!
    xx
    www.JuneWantsItAll.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh wow that rose water steam facial sounds amazing! I could use a little pampering I have had a rough week I may need an hour long massage instead!

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Now I know what to do with the roses that are sitting on my table! Hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great post!! Now I know what to do with my leftover Valentine's Day Roses <3

    http://www.cindyslittleblackbook.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a fun collection of DIYs! Can't wait to try the facial!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great DIY ideas perfect for Valentine's Day or any day for that matter! Rose petals are ideal for a pretty, relaxing bath.

    ReplyDelete
  31. thanks for sharing
    =)
    http://tupersonalshopperviajero.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  32. These are great ideas! My husband gave me a bouquet of roses, tulips and lilies for Valentine's Day, and the roses are already wilting, so this helps me give them new life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. These are such great ideas. Keep these for later of course!

    ReplyDelete
  34. These are all such great ideas! I love the idea of a rose steam facial!

    ReplyDelete

I respond to comments via email, so make sure I can respond!
For a faster response, please use Twitter or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

More ways to keep up with me: Bloglovin, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram , Youtube or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

You made my day by visiting! See ya tomorrow :)

Disclaimer:

All products mentioned are purchased by me unless stated.
All pics, thoughts, etc, are mine unless otherwise noted. Publishing or redistributing any content from this blog is strictly prohibited. Please seek permission first. Thank you.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...