2.13.2014

Easy Valentine's Day Makeup, Hair, Nails

Let's face it: some of us have this fantasy of smokey eyes, sexy curls and a glamorous outfit for a fancy Valentine's Day dinner. But in reality, that's not always the case--it's a quiet dinner at home (my personal choice) after the kids are asleep. Today, I'm sharing an easy Valentine's Day look that's great for beginners, teens, and those who occasionally wear makeup. Plus, most everything can be found at the drugstore. Enjoy.


FACE
  • I wanted this to look as natural as possible, so I wore a BB Cream and concealer.
  • For my cheeks, I wanted a light flush of pink, so I ran my Duo Fiber Brush over the Maybelline Master Glaze in Pinched in Pink and brushed over the apples of my cheeks.
  • My lips have Maybelline Color Elixir (review coming soon, but shared in a haul here) in Rose Refined.
EYES
  • For my eyes, I used the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Inked In Pink on my lids. If you can't find this, try Vaseline Jelly mixed with a light pink shadow (I recommend the lid shade in the Wet N Wild palette Walking on Eggshells
  • I lined my upper lash line with this liner from Wet N Wild. Just use short strokes and allow a few seconds for it to dry. It's easy, I promise.
  • Then I added a coat of this Essence mascara.
  • For a special treat, I'm wearing these ESQIDO mink lashes* that I was sent. If you've found false lashes difficult, give these a try. They are SO easy to apply. Most recently sported on Victoria's Secret models and celebs, ESQIDO mink lashes come in a variety of styles--I chose Little Black Lash and Unforgettable. They're soft, natural-looking, and you can get up to 25 uses out of them (as opposed to 4 or so from synthetic lashes). And these are collected, sanitized and hand-crafted from the natural shedding process. These sterilized lashes are hypoallergenic, and I can assure you I experienced no sensitivity at all. I don't think I can go back to synthetic after using these.


HAIR
  • After applying a heat protectant and allowing it to dry, I wrapped 2 inch sections around the barrel of a 1.25 inch curling iron. I held it for about 5 seconds before moving on to the next section. Spray with hairspray if needed. This is the usual method I use for my hair and I've posted many tutorials on this, if interested.

NAILS
  • I was sent these Hot Designs Nail Art Pens* a while back, and all of the pictures for my original review have disappeared on my dead hard drive (rip), but that's fine because I'm sharing an even easier design that you'll be able to do. I used these for my Minnie Mouse nails (shared here on my Instagram), that so many of you loved.
  • They have ways to use them: as a brush or with the tip. The tip makes it so easy for nail art. If brushes or dotting tools are too difficult, give these a try. They're $14.99 each and fun. Look for them at retail stores. Check out their Facebook for their Nailies contest for more nail art design inspiration.
  • To create these nails, I painted a base coat of a darker pink with the brush end, and then painted dots with the tip of a lighter pink. To make the heart, I made 3 dots in a reverse triangle with the tip, and then connected them with polish.
*This post was not sponsored in any way. Everything was purchased by me, except I was sent two items to try. I chose to review and share them with you. All photos were edited with the Auto Brighten button and put into collages. No photoshop was used.

PS: To thank you for stopping by, I have 2 giveaways I'd love for you to enter:
WANT MORE?
I've got another look for Valentine's Day that is being featured on PopSugar Beauty. Stop by to check it out!

43 comments:

  1. So soft + pretty. I've heard good things about the Master Glaze- I need to try it out! :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those nails are too cute and your eyes are rockin!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous look, darling!
    Must try those mink lashes!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! And I love the nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very pretty natural look. Cute nails and the pen is such a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, now isn't it the original valentine's date that eventually led to the kids ; ) I have yet to to try false eye lashes but I am not good at it. I thought about trying the temporary lashes you can get at a salon...

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. If only I could do the whole eyelash thing. I'm horrible at it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Elle! Those nails are too cute!! I also need to start dabbling in lashes, they look gorgeous! :)

    Lisa,xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks lovely!! So fresh and pretty. I really want to try those lashes!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are stunning! Love the look you created... especially those nails!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. you nails are super cute. we are just going to stay in tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
  12. it's so good to know they are collected through natural shedding...i love that! now i can buy them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have never tried mink lashes before. They look gooooooood!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that look! I've been wanting to try those master glaze blushes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty look! Happy early Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love how natural and "girl next door-sy" this looks. Really love how you did your eyes, too. I can't tell if it's the eyeliner or false lashes (or maybe it's a combination of both) that really open up your eyes. Either way, that's my favorite part of this look!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm going to need someone to show me how to put on fake eyelashes in person! I've had a pair in my hall closet (AKA my makeup closet) for months now. I tried once...failed...and haven't tried again since!

    ReplyDelete
  18. perfect

    http://rozaliafashion.blogspot.com/2014/02/jeans-nowosci.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this look and the walkthrough of how to achieve it! You look incredible, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those lashes look amazing on you! WOW! And the nails.. SO cute xo

    morerebe.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a soft and pretty look! Good tip about the eye lashes. I tried fake eyelashes once and couldn't get them on so this is a great option!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a pretty look Elle, your makeup and hair are great! I love the nail things too, nail art seems so hard but those things make it look a little easier then what I thought before. Oh and those lashes are so pretty! :)

    Nina
    http://curvymod.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. So cute! I'm always looking for new ways to do my nails myself since going to get a mani/pedi can be so expensive (and time-consuming). Thank you for the nail tips! Those nail pens are so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those nails are so pretty. Perfect for valentines day!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just beautiful!! I think natural beauty is the best kind of beauty!

    http://www.cindyslittleblackbook.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ah! Love those nails! Looking lovely, Dear! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the polka dot nail polish. I have never wore fake eye lashes before. They are beautiful but honestly scare me a little.

    Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, I LOVE those polka dot nails, so flirty and fun;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Can't wait to read your Color Elixir review... I've been eyeing those bad boys! You look beautiful by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your soft curls - mine never come out that good!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  31. The mink lashes sound all kinds of perfect. Do you have a pic of them on?

    ReplyDelete
  32. You look lovely as always! Love your polish too!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your hair looks gorgeous (as usual!) and your mani is super cute!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Target Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  34. The nails are so much FUN! Love them.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. You look wonderful, as usual! I love the idea of mixing petroleum jelly with eye shadow, too, so that it stays on longer. I really need to remember that!

    ReplyDelete

I respond to comments via email, so make sure I can respond!
For a faster response, please use Twitter or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

More ways to keep up with me: Bloglovin, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram , Youtube or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

You made my day by visiting! See ya tomorrow :)

Disclaimer:

All products mentioned are purchased by me unless stated.
All pics, thoughts, etc, are mine unless otherwise noted. Publishing or redistributing any content from this blog is strictly prohibited. Please seek permission first. Thank you.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...