4.23.2014

This or That: Concealers for Dark Circles (NYX, Bare Minerals, It Cosmetics)

One of my favorite series (and yours too I hear) is back! I'm talking about This or That--where I compare similar products and share which one I like the best. Today I'm sharing some relatively new (new to me and maybe new to you?) correcting concealers for dark circles. I've shared these here in some of my haul posts/videos (purchased at Ulta), and so many of you have asked for reviews. Enjoy This or That (I think for today I need to add These or Those!). And as always, after thorough testing, these are just my opinions. I urge you to try these products out for yourself.

L=Light, M=Medium





I have the worst dark circles (that aren't hereditary, but are maybe from waking up at 5am to comment on blogs...how crazy am I?) so I'm on a forever quest to find THE product for correcting concealers. And while I have a routine in place (sharing soon), I can't help but to try out new products. I reviewed these specifically for under eye circles. So which one did I like the best? Read on:
  • It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Corrector--$29--"This creamy, highly pigmented yet lightweight peach-based concealer is designed to effectively neutralize, erase the look of and brighten under eye darkness, dark circles and even age spots. Infused with green coffee extract, cucumber, avacado and aloe plus anti-aging peptides, niacin, hyaluronic acid and hydrolyzed collagen." 3 shades
    • It is certainly very nice and creamy, and didn't crease. But my circles? Still there, but I really liked this.
  • Bare Minerals Correcting Concealer Broad Spectrum SPF 20--$20--"This creamy formula combines SPF protection with superior, lightweight coverage that blends seamlessly to conceal blemishes, dark under-eye circles and other skin imperfections all day long. More than a concealer, it also works to decrease the appearance of dark spots and discolorations for a radiant, even-toned complexion." Formulated without parabens, synthetic fragrances and artificial oils. 8 shades
    • Definitely med-full coverage, and it didn't crease on my dry skin. This was my favorite of the ones shared here.
  • NYX  Dark Circle Concealer--$6--"Coconut oil provides intensive moisture and ensures no caking. The subtle hint of orange counteracts the appearance of dark circles, while natural skin-toned pigments work in unison to provide the ultimate coverage." 4 shades
    • I got this in light and medium since I'm usually between shades. This gives very light coverage and I feel their Full Coverage concealer is much better. It is creamy, thin, and while I use a corrector and then a concealer, I felt it didn't work that well on correcting my dark circles. I wouldn't repurchase but will use these up.
  • Overall: I really liked the Bare Minerals Correcting Concealer, followed by It Cosmetics.

What correctors or concealers do you love?


Current Giveaways:

44 comments:

  1. I need a new one in a light color, you gave me fantastic advices babe!!
    Xxx

    Carolina

    www.theworldc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have dark under eye circles too - I want to try some of these now!!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love NYX because of the cost and I think it works pretty well :-) Bare Minerals is definitely next on my list to try i love all their products!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy the IT Cosmetics but its a wee bit thick for me. Have you tried the Pixi Correction Concealer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. good to know! i really need to buy some new concealers for my dark circles! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bare minerals concealer is really good, also love the foundation.
    www.naomitalksbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use Bare Minerals here. Thanks formthe comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Bare Minerals everything. Well except their eye shadow. Not really as big of a fan of that! I have the same problem though so I feel your pain. I had switched it up and was using MAC for awhile but I recently switched back to Bare Minerals!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am definitely going to try one of these. I have a cheap one from the drug store that just doesn't do the trick some days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have the worst under eye dark circles too, and i was hoping you would say the cheap one worked lol. i think i am going to try the bare minerals one, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is right up my alley, I have dark under eye circles too. I haven't tried the same under-eye conceler twice yet. I'm going to try the bare minerals next! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the comparison! And damn, that is crazy that you wake up at 5 to read blogs!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Starbucks Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such great reviews - I use erase paste and find that I still have some remnants of circles - so I've been looking for a new one!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You can never go wrong with Bare Minerals! I use BM Stroke of Light under my eyes and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would definitely try the Bare Minerals product. The best concealer I ever tried was called Erase Paste. I ran out and have been trying something else, but I'll probably get more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Elle, I suffer the same and you have no idea how helpful this post has been!! Thanks for your support over at mine, hope you're having a great week so far!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We always love trying concealers!! Great breakdown!

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  18. I used the bareMinerals Ready Foundation Broad Spectrum as concealers. I'm a huge BE Fans. I going to have to look in the the BE concealers you talked about in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What perfect timing! I just use my Bare Minerals foundation with my concealer brush as concealer, but have been thinking I wanted to try out their actual correcting concealer. Glad to hear it worked out for you and you would recommend it. I will definitely be buying it now!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have super dark circles, so the Bare Minerals one sounds like the one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think Bare Minerals product are generally pretty nice and well made!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great comparison, Elle, thank you. I have been wondering about the NYX concealer, will be skipping it now and you just save me some heartache! xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love comparison posts!! The bare minerals one looks super nice! I have horrible dark circles too. I was curious about the nyx one so I will stay away from it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fortunately, I don't really have dark circles (or maybe I'm just in denial). Thanks for the review though. And by the way, I really loved your 4 Blogging Mistakes post! Very honest and very awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  25. my mom has dark circles. this problem hasn't hit me quite yet. these are some wonderful options.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. first time on your blog - hello :)

    i don't suffer from much dark circles but have been using kevyn aucoin's skin enhancer for a couple months now and love it.
    it's an easy way to look "awake" when you've maybe gotten 3 hours of sleep.
    it's pricier than the ones you've mentioned, so i will def try out your suggestions for future reference!

    :)
    vanessa
    www.grace-and-gratitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for this post! I have dark circles too and will definitely have to try out the Bare Minerals one!

    ReplyDelete
  28. i think i have learned to make peace with my dark circles

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have yet to try any Bare Minerals products but I've heard nothing but good things!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I have been using Bye Bye Under Eye from It Cosmetics for the longest time and I love it. It's really moisturizing on my dry skin under the eyes.

    Great post.
    Beautetude

    ReplyDelete
  31. I have more puffy eyes than dark circles so I only use a highlighter right now but I'll check out the bare minerals one.

    ReplyDelete
  32. i don't really have dark undereye circles, but i used to use mac's concealer years ago. recently, i started to use maybelline's yellow cover stick to highlight and brighten under my eyes. it's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I really do not pay much attention to my dark circles.

    ReplyDelete
  34. have a great day boo!

    Carolina

    www.theworldc.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. i will only use one concealer and corrector, both are by giorgio armani. it's the only two that work for me and i love them both :)

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  36. I recently picked up the bobbi brown corrector and I really like it. It definitely corrects my dark circles.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I've really wanted to try the Bye Bye Undereye!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh I've been waiting for you to talk about the concealers for under eyes because mine are so bad, I really wanted to see which ones you liked. I can't wait for your routine that you were talking about. But yeah I'm sad the nyx one doesn't really work well, I still might try it because it's so cheap but I definitely want to try the one you liked the bare minerals one. Thanks for the reviews! :)

    Nina
    http://curvymod.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  39. I just got the it under eye concealer and I'm still not sold on it yet. I'll have to try the Bare Minerals product. I'm still searching for my HG under eye product!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Bare Minerals Correcting Concealer is going on my list!

    ReplyDelete

I respond to comments via email, so make sure I can respond!
For a faster response, please use Twitter or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

More ways to keep up with me: Bloglovin, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram , Youtube or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

You made my day by visiting! See ya tomorrow :)

Disclaimer:

All products mentioned are purchased by me unless stated.
All pics, thoughts, etc, are mine unless otherwise noted. Publishing or redistributing any content from this blog is strictly prohibited. Please seek permission first. Thank you.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...