7.01.2014

Cover Look for Less: Mila Kunis for Marie Claire

via
Hey you! It's July (can you believe it?) and for every week this month, I'll share a magazine cover and how to get the makeup look for less! Starting first with mom-to-be Mila Kunis for Marie Claire, let's get her brown smokey eye with drugstore products (everything is under $10):




For this look I will focus on eyes, lips, and cheeks. I recreated the look on myself and have loved it for night's out. For my inspiration I used the cover image from MarieClaire.com and the makeup artist's information inside the July issue.

1-For her eyes, the makeup artist used a liner and smudged it. I used the Maybelline Master Smokey Shadow Pencil in Scorching Brown.  Brown is a bit more wearable I think and doesn't look as harsh. I placed it on my lower lash line and used the smudger tip to blend it out a little.

Then I covered my lid using the pencil and blended it with my finger and a brush. I used a clean brush for each eye. I also made sure the shape was a cat eye. If it isn't looking right, keep blending. The darkest color should be at the lash line and blended out. A dark brown shadow will work, too.

2-I chose the L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara, because it's new (see my haul here), fun, and gives volume.

3-To highlight the inner corners and give them a glow, I applied a little of Neutrogena's Crease Proof Shadow in the shade Stay Golden. Perfect Pink would work too.

4-For lips and cheeks, the makeup artist used a coral lip + cheek tint. My choice has been one of my go-to products lately: Sonia Kashuk Dewy Luxe Lip and Cheek Balm. I blended these with clean fingers.

Bonus: For her hair, I curled random sections around a 1.5 in curling iron, then sprayed the DIY beachy waves spray and scrunched for a little volume. Fan, optional. ;)

I purchased everything from drugstores or Target.

40 comments:

  1. Mila Kunis rocks the perfect smokey eyes and thanks for the tutorial write up! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Mila and her smoky eyes! Thanks ELLE for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must try that Miss Manga! And I love Mila....so gorgeous!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. [ Smiles ] Mila looks rather gorgeous on the cover of that magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh! So gorgeous! Elle can you make me look like this for SBS con?????!!!????
    xo, Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh absolutely obsessed with Mila. She always looks gorgeous! Definitely going to hunt down that smokey shadow pencil!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun new series. It so crazy July is hear. I can't get over the fact my birthday is in 19 days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love Mila's makeup - so pretty and natural!! I need to try the L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a big fan of a smokey eye however I always seem to choose the grey/black shades. The browns look pretty cool too xx

    www.todaymyway.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That lip and cheek tint looks so pretty! And I like the highlighting on the inner corners of the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this look - it's chic without looking too overdone. I love how you simplified it as well - this is perfect, love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tutorial! I love Mila, she always looks so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this!! Her makeup always looks good! Great idea too! I look forward to seeing the rest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool feature, Elle- Mila is gorgeous! :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I cannot believe it is July already. Happy July 1st

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love her humour and think she's pretty. Loved the feature as well. :)
    Inspiring Summer Playlist

    ReplyDelete
  17. You always have the best inspiration and tutorials! Mila is so pretty, and I forgot that she was expecting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love Mila Kunis' look on the cover! Would love to see a video of u doing a smokey eye look :)
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing tips! Thanks for sharing this! =D

    http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this idea. And I love her look. I might have to try it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mila is freaking gorgeous and I love that you shared how to do it. Can you also just teach me to be better with makeup because I'm pretty sure I would screw this up if I tried, lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this look. It looks effortless but so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love how you broke this down for us!

    ReplyDelete
  24. cannot believe it's already july!! mila looks so great pregnant right now...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Videos are blocked at work boooo....what are your thoughts on the Manga? I was very intrigued by it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. love this look - i usually wear black eyeliner, but brown might work better when i do a smokey eye.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for the great tip Elle! Love how you decoded the look!
    Keep in touch
    xx
    www.JuneWantsItAll.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh I love Mila Kunis and her makeup looks great on the cover. Thanks for all the suggestions to try to recreate the look, it's awesome that all the products you used are under $10 and are easy to find.

    Nina
    http://curvymod.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. She's gorgeous! I love using brown liners and shadows instead of black, because I agree, they look less harsh, but I think they also look more sultry!

    Ivy xx
    Style Life Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  31. She's so gorgeous, it's insane! I would've never thought of using eye shadow in the inner corners like that!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love this look, Mila is gorgeous. I will have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Smokey brown is my go-to for eyes. Your tutorial is great--will give it a go! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I was looking at that mascara on Sunday. Any thoughts on it? Are you glad you bought it?

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a fun feature, you rock! I can't believe that eye is one product! I'm definitely trying this.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oooooh, I really want to try this! Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love that Miss Manga mascara. I had read so many mixed reviews on it that I didn't know what to think. I picked it up and couldn't be happier! Great post!

    ReplyDelete

I respond to comments via email, so make sure I can respond!
For a faster response, please use Twitter or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

More ways to keep up with me: Bloglovin, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram , Youtube or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

You made my day by visiting! See ya tomorrow :)

Disclaimer:

All products mentioned are purchased by me unless stated.
All pics, thoughts, etc, are mine unless otherwise noted. Publishing or redistributing any content from this blog is strictly prohibited. Please seek permission first. Thank you.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...