7.09.2014

Cover Look For Less: Miranda Kerr for Lucky Magazine


via lucky
I've got another cover look for less, a series I'm doing this month, and today it's Miranda Kerr for Lucky Magazine. I gave myself a challenge to use one brand, and I decided to use some products I was sent from Bonne Bell that I've been loving lately. Check 'em out:

Have you tried Bonne Bell? I admit, I thought they only made lip prodcuts, so I was really excited to sample a bit of everything. Bonne Bell products is fewer than $5 and can be found here. I was impressed with everything I got to try out, especially the lip products, eye liner, and nail lacquer. If you're look for an inexpensive brand with natural coverage, I highly recommend checking out Bonne Bell. Now let's see how to get the look for less:




  1. I started off with this neutral eye palette. I patted a light shimmery shade on the lid and swept a brown in the crease and blended it out.
  2. I smudged a bit of eyeliner--one of my fave products--on the top lashes, right into my lash line.
  3. I curled my lashes (I tried using a spoon, one of the first beauty tips I remember, as suggested by Miranda in the article) and applied mascara.
  4. For a bit of color on the cheeks, I applied the Gelbronze on my finger tips and blended it out. It's a nice alternative to blush that looks natural.
  5. On my lips I applied a little lipstick.
  6. And then I topped it with gloss. In person it looks exactly like the pics!
  7. On my nails, I used this gorgeous shimmery nude polish. It is one of my favorite polishes.
A few of my most-used products


SURPRISE GIVEAWAY!
I'm giving away some of my favorite products from Bonne Bell. Email me with Bonne Bell in subject line, your address, and I'll pick a winner. Good luck.







36 comments:

  1. Hmm...now you got me curious about curling my lashes with a spoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say this this series is amazing?! Love it!! And the fact that this makeup is all stuff from the drug store!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty look to recreate. I didn't know either that Bonne belle did anything other than lip gloss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that u use stuff people can actually afford, Elle:) And who doesn't love Miranda? She's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea that Bonnie Bell made other makeup products! I thought they only had lip gloss! Great surprise! I love this look! It is neutral and can easily work for almost anyone! I am going to try it out! I wish you were my neighbor! I could be your makeup tester(: Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miranda Kerr is gorgeous! Definitely going to have to try to recreate this! Who knew Bonnie Bell made anything other than lip products?!?

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. She always looks so flawless and effortless!! The spoon trick is really interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to have to try this, hopefully I'll look just like her! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you number everything. I'm going to have to give this look a try.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miranda is so beautiful! I love that lip color. Hope they have some of these products near me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post! Thanks for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an excellent easy to follow tutorial! I am so grateful for your feedback on my last post :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Miranda is beautiful and I love this natural look on her!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Spray Tan Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It seems like a great product line, and it is so kind of you to host a giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never tried their products but it is good to hear they work well!

    xoxo,
    little luxury list formerly Chic 'n Cheap Living
    -

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a lovely make-up idea! Fresh and beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. fun idea! i love how natural and summery she looks in this photo. xo jillian - cornflake dreams 

    ReplyDelete
  18. Miranda is looking amazing on the cover! Great tips too! =D

    http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  19. The cover came out looking really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the nostalgia of this brand. I great up with it! I used to use the bronzer!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't tried any bonne bell cosmetics besides the old lip glosses I used to use in jr high. I think I may need to check out this section at CVS if you approve!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Also, great post! I will have too look into Bonne Bell :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You really do such a nice job with these tutorials! I have to play with this look-- see what colors I have that can be used….

    ReplyDelete
  24. A so fresh and natural make-up darlin, love it <3
    Xxx

    Carolina

    www.theworldc.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loving this fresh look and great tutorial. Would love to see how it looks on you :)

    xx 365hangers

    ReplyDelete
  26. She looks gorgeous. Great tutorial Elle!
    New post on my blog -
    www.JuneWantsItAll.com and we could also connect on Twitter, Facebook ,Bloglovin and Pinterest
    Keep in touch
    xx
    June

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is a great idea! Never tried anything from Bonne Bell as I can not find it in any store. Love that they are cruelty free also- you know me! :-) Kisses, Sissi http://www.beauty4free2u.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love Miranda Kerr, so I love that you did it with products that are inexpensive. I didn't know that bonne bell made makeup, I remember using there lip products when I was younger. I'll have to check out there products. :)

    Nina
    http://curvymod.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Bonnie Bell was a fave of mine many years ago! I definitely need to re-acquaint myself with this line! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love this breakdown! Bonne Bell was the brand of my childhood :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Miranda is gorgeous and seems so down to earth. I love the look you choose to recreate.

    ReplyDelete
  32. BTW, Bonnie Bell made those lipsmackers right? I used to be obsessed with them as a kid. Didn't realize (like you) that they ventured outside of that.

    ReplyDelete

I respond to comments via email, so make sure I can respond!
For a faster response, please use Twitter or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

More ways to keep up with me: Bloglovin, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram , Youtube or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

You made my day by visiting! See ya tomorrow :)

Disclaimer:

All products mentioned are purchased by me unless stated.
All pics, thoughts, etc, are mine unless otherwise noted. Publishing or redistributing any content from this blog is strictly prohibited. Please seek permission first. Thank you.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...