11.22.2014

How To: Thanksgiving Makeup (All Drugstore)

orig

Happy weekend! What! I'm mixing it up and doing a post on a Saturday! It's an annual tradition for me to do a look for Thanksgiving. It's my Mama's favorite holiday, so I always want to look nice. I mix it up the looks every year, and I decided to use only drugstore makeup for this version. And there's a video to show you how.

Can't see? Try here: http://youtu.be/ngYeg6H-kHQ 




In the video, I did my foundation first (because c'mon, who needs to see me without foundation for majority of the video?) but normally I do my eyes first. Here's what I used:

  • L'Oreal Pore Vanisher (see review here). For pics, I use the Miracle Blur to give me that airbrushed look and hide any imperfections.
  • L'Oreal True Match (best for dry skin and applied with beautyblender...watch video for a demo)
  • Sonia Kashuk concealer palette
Onto the eyes--my fave part! I used two palettes here, but really both aren't needed.
  • Maybelline Designer Chocolates
  • Wet N Wild Knock on Wood
  • Sonia Kashuk pen liner
  • ELF eyelid primer
  • Maybelline Brow Drama (review here)
  • Covergirl Flamed Out mascara (tutorial here)
I've got a closeup so you can see the shades a little better.
  • I applied the ELF primer--see more reviews on primers here--because I have veins on my lids and since I'm doing this purple-mauve-cranberry color, I don't want to enhance them.
  • Using a flat shader brush, I applied that shimmery mauve color on my lids.
  • In the crease, using a crease brush, I applied the brown. I blended it out using a fluffy brush.
  • Using the brown from the WNW palette, I applied it in the outer corner with a crease brush and blended it with the fluffy. 
  • I smudged that dark brown under my lower lashes using a pencil brush.
  • Next was eyeliner on my upper lash line and mascara.
Here are the brushes I used:
  • Sigma E40
  • Sigma E35
  • Sigma E60
  • Sigma E30
  • BeautyBlender

Here are the eyes (before the liner and mascara)--it's a still from the video, so the quality isn't the best, but it was the only pic that turned out! #bloggerprobs

I sometimes use powder and sometimes I don't, since I have dry skin. I used ELF HD powder and then applied Maybelline Master Glaze Blush in Mauve. Dry skin will love this since it gives such a natural flush. For lips, I used Kate Moss for Rimmel lipstick in 107. It's a matte color between red and berry--that's the best way to describe it. This is my second tube of it. Oh, and if you like red lipsticks, I've got a post coming soon on my fave ones.

And here's the final look! If you celebrate Thanksgiving, tell me your plans!

PS: Thanks everyone for your comments on this post! I was really surprised at the support and glad y'all laughed at me as much as I did!

Giveaways Galore (thank you for entering):

38 comments:

  1. I love this look! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fabulous, Elle! I love how dark and smokey the eye makeup is!

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, yeah, well, I recently started doing foundation after eyes too, but until like two months ago I did it the other way around. Love the final look, the eyes look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great look, very easy to recreate and so pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved seeing the look from start to finish! That lip color is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great tutorial, Elle. You make it look so easy! :) And yeah...that Rimmel Kate Moss one is ALWAYS SOLD OUT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute look! Love the lip colour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! So gorgeous!

    God bless,
    xo, Claire
    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw glad you do a look for your momma :) Great shades for the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks great! Loved the tutorial video you made. That color on your lips is perfect.

    Jessica @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the berry look that you created on your eyes with the pink shade on the lid and maroon/brow on the other crease. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Charlie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty look--I love the eyeshadow colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful look, but will go watch your channel!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for sharing the best drugstore products, I look to you on what to buy!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how this look totally plays up your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have Miracle Blur, I like it.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Prefect makeup look for Thanksgiving. I can't get over how it is this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great look, love the eyes especially!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved the hashtag #bloggerprobs haha.. You look beautiful! Great picks for the look!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it. The lip really complements the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your make-up tutorials Elle, this is definitely a look I'd wear. I'm not American so don't celebrate Thanksgiving but this look would be perfect or our pre-Christmas family meal in mid December :D

    Heather x
    http://heatherrrrm.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a perfect look for thanksgiving! So pretty!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely pic, Elle! I'm just back from a few days out of state. Looking forward to viewing this video on Wednesday (my next day off)! :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I need to try Brow Drama once I'm done with Gimme Brow... much more affordable!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooh sista, I love this! That eyeshadow is beautiful - me wantsies! Happy early Turkey Day!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This look is my all time favorite look :) You are looking cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. gorgeous! love the lip colour, and yay for drugstore makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely look! Thanks for sharing :) Come check out my beauty blog if you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the eye colors, I love going with purple/plum colors. Maybelline is a fav of mine. Looking forward to the post of Red lip colors, since I have been struggling to find a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is beautiful! I really love how easy this look is to recreate.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the pink shades here on the eyes! The holiday season's really put me in the mood for some shimmer.

    7% Solution

    ReplyDelete

I respond to comments via email, so make sure I can respond!
For a faster response, please use Twitter or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

More ways to keep up with me: Bloglovin, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram , Youtube or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

You made my day by visiting! See ya tomorrow :)

Disclaimer:

All products mentioned are purchased by me unless stated.
All pics, thoughts, etc, are mine unless otherwise noted. Publishing or redistributing any content from this blog is strictly prohibited. Please seek permission first. Thank you.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...