2.20.2015

My Secret Trick for Red Carpet Beauty


I was at an event the other night, when I got asked what my must-have beauty tool is. "You can tell me!" she said. "Let me guess--some special cream from an ancient land made with unicorn tears?" she joked, but was completely surprised when she heard my answer. I leaned and and whispered my secret trick:





Yes! These are awesome! Have you tried these yet? You need a pack (or three if you're me). Q-tips Precisions Tips are specially designed for precise makeup application and for beauty touch-ups. They're made with 100% pure cotton, making them soft enough for those delicate areas on the face (like eyes).



They are my secret trick that I use when I need that red carpet glam (more on that in a moment) but they are a necessity for every day. I am seriously obsessed and have around 30 beauty uses for them. I'm serious. I keep the Q-Tips Precision Tips in every makeup bag, in my cabinets in my bathroom, and in drawers where I store my makeup. For a night of red carpet beauty, I keep them in my clutch. They're light and portable for beauty-on-the-go! But before I head out, I use them to get ready! Check out my how to:


Nails--I use the tapered edge to quickly clean around any polish mistakes I make. Simply dip the Q-Tips Precision Tips into a bit of polish remover and use where needed on nails. These make clean up so fast and easy.


Liner--I use the Q-Tips Precision Tips to smudge my eye liner to create that smokey effect on my lower lash line. I use another dipped in makeup remover to quickly remove excess product from my winged liner. I don't care how many times I do a winged liner, sometimes I need to clean it up a little.


False Lashes--These aren't always cheap, y'all! I don't throw these away after one use. Instead, I apply some makeup remover to a Q-Tip Precision Tips and wipe away the glue. The falsies are ready to be used again!


Lips--It's just not a red carpet look without some red lips, am I right? I use a Q-Tips Precision Tip with a dot of concealer and use it to outline my lips. This is the secret to getting that perfect outline on red lips. I also will use one with makeup remover if I go a little outside the lines. It happens!


I then throw a few dipped in makeup remover into a sealable plastic bag and throw it in my clutch. They're clean and disposable, making them perfect for travel or a night out. Officially ready!

You can find Q-Tip Precision Tips at stores for around $3.29. What's your favorite way to use Q-Tip Precision Tips?


I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

PS: Last chance to enter this giveaway (just enough for a spring treat!) Have a great weekend, y'all!

41 comments:

  1. I love q-tips but I really need these precision tips.
    Beautetude

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is seriously a great idea and great product! I really like the idea of having some dipped in makeup remover for quick touch-ups. I'll have to pick up a few packages

    Danielle
    http://beautyandbourbon.co

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Q-Tips.. every once in awhile I get cheap and buy some knock off brand, and then the stick is all flimsy and breaks or bends, or the cotton swab on the end falls off.. no fun! Great post friend! - www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are an amazing little tool!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I've never paid attention to the precision tip ones! Those would be much easier to use than the regular ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i cant live without Q tips go through dozens of them.. these pointy ones are hard to find in India !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crazy how hand q tips are! Def a makeup must have

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you ever done a video on false lashes? I'm always interested in that.... & didnt know you could clean & use again

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Q-tips, such a easy trick of the trade!

    x. Sabrina // Simply Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great, Elle, I use this same precision Q-tips for the same reasons are your featured here.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  11. Q-tips are a must have! A staple for nails lips makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Q-Tips are a must-have when it comes to my beauty and hygiene routines! I just entered the giveaway, too. Not sure how I missed that one before!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Q-tips are always part of my beauty arsenal, but I've never tried the precision tips! I'll have to pick some up the next time I'm in the drugstore!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree Q-Tip precision tips are a must. They have so many great uses.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are def great for cleaning up your lip line and for the inner corners of your eyes getting makeup and stuff out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will definitely be looking out for these the next time I hit the drug store!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  17. I never would have thought of using them for falsies. Great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Q-tips are one of those genius inventions I totally wish I thought of - but definitely can't live without! Have a great weekend, Elle :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm definitely a huge q-tip user, but I've never tried the precision tips. These are great tips, as always Elle!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I didn't know they had precision tips. Cool! And great tips from you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes! I use these all the time, they are perfect for cleaning up any makeup mistakes I make!

    Lauren | Disco Daydream

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have never seen these! I need to pick up a box for my daughter. She is a competitive dancer and wears a lot of stage makeup. Application and removal is tricky! These will help a lot! And wow to the red lips!! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  23. Qtips are the best for cleaning up around my eyes especially if mascara drops or something.

    ReplyDelete
  24. these are perfect for eye makeup mistakes!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are so right Elle, Q Tips are the biggest beauty secret ever. And you can use them for so many things. Just loved this post

    ReplyDelete
  26. Q tips are super stars when it comes to quick makeup fixes! I love your tips Elle! Have a wonderful weekend. (:

    ReplyDelete
  27. q-tips are great, I use them for when I'm doing my nails to smudge away any of the polish that might have gotten on my fingers :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  28. These remind of the ultra thin Q-tips I get from Muji which are a must for my eye makeup.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love this, girlfriend! Who knew something so practical could also help make everyone so beautiful? You look PERFECT, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such awesome ideas! I would have never thought about using Q-tips for lashes.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the idea of keeping some in a bag with make up remover on them. Great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hey girl!! I have a question for you! I recently discovered that one of my FAVORITE hair care and baby care brands has a make up line... Shea Moisture! I was thinking of stocking up on some make up from them, but thought I'd pick my favorite beauty bloggers brain first. So my question is! Is Shea Moisture any good? And if so, what is the main difference between their foundation: http://www.target.com/p/sheamoisture-sheer-foundation/-/A-14900664#prodSlot=medium_1_8&term=sheamoisture+cosmetics and their color corrector: http://www.target.com/p/sheamoisture-cc-cream/-/A-14900315#prodSlot=medium_1_9&term=sheamoisture+cosmetics

    I am very fair with red undertones, and get the classic splotchy red flushed cheeks, so a color corrector sounds awesome.. but will it give a nice smooth finished look like a foundation? I so rarely wear make-up, I honestly don't know which to buy (or both?!).. thoughts? - www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. These Q-tips are really amazing! When I read the name I thought of something else, but now I see what they are, and really, they are brilliant! Your makeup (last picture when I can see well) is fantastic , dear Elle! You look gorgeous!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I could use these for when I do my nails in a dark color...always seem to make a little mistake!

    -Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  35. I really need these for my nails and lips! Thanks for the tip!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hey Elle! Hope you've been doing good! Thanks for swinging by my blog the other day! Just wanted to return the favor. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Q-Tips Precision tips! They are definitely a beauty staple in my stash that I'm always reaching for and taking along with me when I'm on the go.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the false lashes tip! I need to remember that :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I definitely need to try your tip for perfecting red lips with a Q-tip! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. You always have the best tips. Thanks for sharing it! (Those lashes rock)

    ReplyDelete

I respond to comments via email, so make sure I can respond!
For a faster response, please use Twitter or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

More ways to keep up with me: Bloglovin, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram , Youtube or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

You made my day by visiting! See ya tomorrow :)

Disclaimer:

All products mentioned are purchased by me unless stated.
All pics, thoughts, etc, are mine unless otherwise noted. Publishing or redistributing any content from this blog is strictly prohibited. Please seek permission first. Thank you.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...