12.27.2010

Elle's Quick Tips: No Smelly NYE

How was your Christmas? I hope it went well. Did you get everything on your list? Onto NYE!

This week I'll be cramming in as much NYE stuff as possible, so expect sparkles and party stuff galore.

Speaking of parties, I'm hosting a NYE party at my place, despite saying LAST year that I'd never do it again. It was pure chaos (and since my fam reads this blog on occasion) I'll decline to share the crazy details. Needless to say, I'll be hosting another party this year and I'm sure saying I'll never do it again. Email if you really wanna know! ANYWHO, let me get to this week's QUICK TIP!


Ok, majority of my friends smoke (I can't stand it, sorry but it's true. Smoke away!) and while they smoke outside, the smell lingers and follows them inside my place. Other than chasing them around with Febreeze spray (which makes me look crazy & is hard to balance w. my glass of champagne) I came up with a few ideas. I burn candles, I put scented oil or perfume on my lamp light bulbs, I Febreeze spray my place once everyone leaves, etc. BUT I found what works best is when I take saucers and place cotton balls soaked with vinegar or vanilla in various hidden spots around the house. If you have radiators or floor vents, try those spots too (I've neither). No cotton balls? Just pour a good amount of vinegar or vanilla in the saucer. It really works! And it's super cheap!
What are your odor-beating tips?

PS--See my tip for getting the smell out of your hair after a crazy night.

17 comments:

  1. Thats a great tip! The smell of smoke drives me crazy, I hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a good tip! i hate the smell of smoke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmgynxulk http://crush-the-castle.com Crush The Castle

    ReplyDelete
  4. great tip!
    hope your holidays were FAB! thank you for your sweet comment! you can reach me also on bloglovin, facebook and twitter :)so cu soon!

    xoxo from rome
    K.
    http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! Awesome idea! I've never heard of that!! I will definitely have to try that for my next get-together!! I hope your NYE party turns out great this year!!! My parties tend to get a little hectic and crazy too. I wouldn't dream of having a NYE one...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is such a great idea! I cannot stand the smell of smoke! especially when it gets into my hair or clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a super cute idea! I hosted Christmas for the first time this year and I said never again. However, I'm sure I'll be doing it again next year : )
    Happy Holidays.

    http://2anchor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. great idea!!! what in the world happened at your party last year?!? xoxo jcd

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an AWESOME odor beating strategy! And the best part is that it is practically free!!!!!

    You rock! Hope your party is a smashing success. :)

    xo,
    Casey
    www.blondebargainbabe.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a good idea!! I'm definitely trying this at my house!!! Not that my house is smelly but I also hate those smoking odor!!!
    <3
    http://reserveradefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool tip. I've definitely never heard of that one! I hope you had a fabulous holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate cigarette smoke! I would tell your friends to take it outside. These are great, inexpensive tips. I love vanilla!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't let any smoke on my property if it's not from the fireplace, grill, or bonfire.
    Thanks for taking part in our giveaway! Too bad I missed yours a few days ago...
    Will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a great tip! i will keep this in mind...thanks for posting! i read a cool tip over at A CUP OF JO, it was if you are chopping onions keep a piece of bread in your mouth sticking out: http://joannagoddard.blogspot.com/2010/12/chopping-onions.html --just thought i'd share. happy holidays!

    Miyan

    www.miyan-overseas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great tip! I like to smoke a sigarette a few times a week to but I will always hate the smell in my clothes/hands/room after it

    ReplyDelete
  16. never heard of this but sounds like a good use of leftover vanilla from christmas cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My christmas was great! Hope your was too! Good luck hosting your party! Sounds like fun!

    Cheers to a new year, and Happy holidays!!


    xoxo,
    MelRod

    ReplyDelete

I respond to comments via email, so make sure I can respond!
For a faster response, please use Twitter or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

More ways to keep up with me: Bloglovin, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram , Youtube or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

You made my day by visiting! See ya tomorrow :)

Disclaimer:

All products mentioned are purchased by me unless stated.
All pics, thoughts, etc, are mine unless otherwise noted. Publishing or redistributing any content from this blog is strictly prohibited. Please seek permission first. Thank you.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...