Whether you had a late night or you just didn't get enough sleep, chances are there are still 5 minutes to do your makeup. But who has time to rummage through your makeup bag or drawers for all the products that you need? I'll let you in on a little secret that is so simple that I use to help me for those situations: the beauty "to go" box! Just like a "to go" (or take away) box you'd get from a restaurant, this has everything you need at your fingertips and in one location.
All you have to do is grab the essentials/basics that you need to get ready in 5 minutes. Put the items in a box (I'm using an old container I spray painted to match my bathroom) in a central location and you're ready to go. I make sure I can easily see the products, and arrange everything in order of use, making it more efficient and easy to use. Here's what's in my "to go" box:
- BB cream--for when I really have no time (see more reviews of drugstore bb creams here)
- Foundation--applied with fingers or brush (brush not pictured because I was washing brushes)
- Powder--not pictured because I don't use it.
- Mascara--I use something with lots of volume, as it's fast and doesn't need more than a coat or two.
- Lip product--I used the Revlon Lip Balm Stain. I use the "honey" shade, which looks natural and lasts. Whatever lip product you choose can be used as blush too, as long as it's not a gloss.
- Extras: Eye shadow--If I have extra time, I like NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils/Wet N Wild or Milani Shadow Pencil or the Maybelline Color Tattoo Studio. You want something close to your skin tone with a little shimmer to open the eyes.
- Eyeliner--This can be smudged and used as shadow if needed.
- Eyelash curler--An eyelash curler really makes a difference. If I'm really pressed for time, it's BB Cream, concealer, eye lash curler, and lip stain.
PS: Check out: