Hey you! I feel like I've not spoken to you in days! How was your weekend? I watched way too much Netflix--House of Cards and Game of Thrones. Oh, and what did you think of the Academy Awards? Is there a hairstyle or makeup look from the Oscars you'd like me to recreate? Note: I totally recreated looks during the commercial breaks. Also, I'm running THREE GIVEAWAYS this week, so be sure to scroll down and enter them all if you'd like. Finally, next week is ASK ELLE week--I'm taking suggestions for any beauty trick or technique you'd like to learn.
I like to vary what I post on my social media accounts--on Instagram, not only do you get to see way too many pics of my dog Charlie, but I also share mini beauty tips on the weekends. I thought I'd share a recap of some of those tips (shared clockwise below). I hope you enjoy and follow me for more.
- Pepto Bismal can be used as a face mask or as a zit zapper!
- If you don't have access to dry nail spray, use canned air, like the kind you'd use for electronics to dry your nails. Note: canned air is illegal in some states.
- I use this $1 sauce bottle for my diy face/hair masques/rinses/products. It makes it so easy to use and to store.
- Wet N Wild lip pencils are some of my fave cheap beauty products. They're around a dollar, but I got these on sale for half that! I fill in my lip with the brown liner and then apply a nude gloss or lipstick on top. It's the only way I can wear a nude lip without looking dead. I fill in my lips with the cranberry liner and then add a cherry chapstick on top for that "just bitten" look.
- Starbucks napkins--my favorite free beauty tip! These are the best for blotting excess oil from your face. See all of the beauty products that I make from Starbucks here.
- If you have any of the following: allergies, are a frequent traveler, or dry skin, then you need a mini humidifier! I swear by mine! I can even take this one in the car.
- I use this brush (traditionally used to apply hair dye) to easily apply my face/hair masques. It's not as messy this way, is more sanitary, & allows better, precise application. Buy at beauty supply stores for less than a dollar. They make a smaller one, too!
Those are my tips! Share yours below!
PS: Enter to win the entire Suave Professionals Moroccan Infusion Line
Enter to win Incoco Nail Strips (two different patterns!)
Enter to win two Sinless Cocktail mixers (non-alcoholic; add alc if you like)