5.07.2013

How To: Hide Pores



before/after*

There's nothing scarier for a beauty blogger than to show her face sans makeup, all up close and personal. I'm doing just that today because I want you all to see what I'm working with here: freckles, dry skin, and huge pores. HUGE!

And I'm going to show you exactly how to hide it all. I rarely do all of this, and yes, it will take a few extra minutes, depending on the amount of pores. I assure you it doesn't look cakey in person. While you can't shrink pores (you can't), you can certainly hide them, as evidenced below. Let's get started:
  • DIY Toner--While certainly not required, I like using a toner, like this peppermint oneon my skin to help lessen the look of my pores.
  • Moisturize--The drier your skin is, the more your pores could be enhanced. I like to dampen my skin before applying a moisturizer, and then I let it soak in for about five minutes.
Benefit The Porefessional, L'Oreal Revitalift Miracle Blur, Too Faced Primed and Poreless

  • Primer--Using a tinted primer helps to hide pores. I apply a small amount with my fingers, only on the areas that need it. I tap in the product with this precision brush and then swirl it back and forth to really push in the product, as pictured below.


  • Dot and Dab--After I let my primer soak in for a couple of minutes, I apply foundation and usually my pores are hidden well enough. Sometimes it's not enough, and on special occasions, I'll take a small-pointed precision eyeliner brush and dot the tiniest amount of foundation into the pore. I then dab it in with my finger to push the product into the pore. I also suggest using a foundation a shade darker just for this technique.
ELF HD Powder, Sigma Eyeliner Brush

  • Set It--To set foundation, I take a powder puff, with translucent powder, and really press it into my skin. I don't rub or use a brush, because that will disturb the foundation and all the work I've done to hide my pores. Makeup setting spray will work too.
  • Avoid Shimmer--Some highlighters and foundations have shimmer in them, which will enhance the pores, so you might want to avoid these in those areas.
  • Wash Away--Since product is forced into the pores, you want to make sure your face is thoroughly cleansed at the end of the day, to avoid breakouts. I love using a Clarisonic.
  • DIY Mask--If it's a special occasion, I'll make this DIY Buttermilk Face Mask which exfoliates and tightens skin, before starting my makeup.


before/after*

*Photos were only edited by cropping. 

For this pic I used:
  • Simple Skincare light moisturizer
  • The Porefessional
  • Miracle Blur
  • Revlon Colorstay Whipped in Natural Beige

Disclaimer:

All products mentioned are purchased by me unless stated.
All pics, thoughts, etc, are mine unless otherwise noted. Publishing or redistributing any content from this blog is strictly prohibited. Please seek permission first. Thank you.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...