9.22.2013

DIY: Fall Starbucks-Inspired Body Scrubs


Happy fall, y'all! It is seriously my favorite season of the year. My birthday is in the fall! I love the weather, leaves, scarves, s'mores around a fire, pumpkins, and of course, those annual fall drinks from Starbucks. Are you a fan? Today I'm sharing some Fall Starbucks-Inspired Body Scrubs. These look good enough to drink, but instead are great exfoliators for your body. Enjoy.


Pumpkin Spice Latte Scrub
1 c sugar
1/2 c pumpkin puree (I used canned, but freshly pureed sugar/baking pumpkins works too)
1/4 c sweet almond oil 
1 tsp nutmeg
 Mix ingredients. Store in an air-tight container. Stir before using.


*For presentation purposes, I used whipped cream and dusted cinnamon and nutmeg on top.
.

Salted Caramel Mocha
1/2 c Kosher salt
1/2 c brown sugar
1 tsp powdered milk
1/4 c vitamin e oil
2 drops hazelnut toffee essential oil (optional)
2 drops caramel essential oil (optional)
Mix ingredients. Store in an air-tight container. Stir before using.
*For presentation purposes, I used whipped cream, drizzled caramel, and dusted sugar and sea salt on top.



Vanilla Cream Latte
1 tsp powdered milk
1 c sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essential oil
1/2 c melted coconut oil
Mix ingredients. Store in an air-tight container. Stir before using.

*For presentation purposes, I used whipped cream and sprinkled vanilla bean seeds on top.


Notes:
  • While these are sugar and sugar-salt scrubs, feel free to substitute used coffee grounds for a bit more of an authentic smell. 
  • These store for up to six months in an air-tight container. Contents will need to be stirred before using. 
  • I recommend these scrubs for the body only. 
  • Due to the slippery nature of the oils, use caution exiting the tub/shower. 
  • Please substitute oils or other ingredients for others if allergic. 
  • This post is not affiliated with Starbucks. 
  • I'm doing this again with the winter drinks! 


Want More DIY Recipes?

Pumpkin Facial Mask
Gingerbread Sugar Scrub
DIY Beauty on the Go at Starbucks


Hungry? Try These Real Recipes:

S'Mores Cupcakes
Pumpkin Bread
Pumpkin Spice Latte
PSL in a Hurry
Fall Cocktails

37 comments:

  1. love this DIY!
    xo
    MOSAMUSE

    www.MOSAMUSE.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are brilliant! If you actually had them as a thing on etsy, I bet they would sell like hot cakes! Copy write hot cakes but still. :) I am 100% going to make at least one of these and when I post about it on my beauty blog I will link back to you darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your concept, so creative and they all sound amazing! Although I have to admit that I'm a bit lazy and probably wouldn't make my own, but a fantastic idea! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, these sound great Elle and perfect for fall!


    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband has a store of sweet almond oil he uses for beard oil... I'm going to go steal some so I can make this!! Thanks for the instructions! :)

    Cory
    www.coryographies,blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this tuto :)

    Kisses
    http://www.mademoisellemode.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore fall, Starbucks and body scrubs (DIY is fab!)! :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum, yum, yum! These are so great. Pumpkin scents/flavors are the only thing I like about fall.

    http://www.somethingmonumental.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet these all smell amazing! I admit fall isn't my favorite season but I do love all things pumpkin!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Style Lately Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Taking out the oils, these stuff do sound good enough to eat! :D Love the sound of these scrubs, Elle:) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! I can't wait to try the PSL scrub:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for sharing! It's always good to do this driks affordably :D

    let me know if we can follow each other :D xoxo
    http://styleonmel.blogspot.com/2013/09/diy-lanvin-inspired-necklace.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy fall to you too! What a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow these look yummy and I'm sure they'll make skin amazing too! :)
    xx
    www.junewantsitall.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Fall! My birthday is also in the fall! <3

    These sound good enough to eat! LOL!! Can't wait to try one of these out, such a great treat for a spa night! :)

    Lily | beautywithlily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Elle, these scrubs are ingenious! I always love the smell of Starbucks drinks way more than the taste, because I don't like coffee - this is the perfect way to inject a little Starbucks goodness into my life without wasting my money on something I don't enjoy. Thank-you for sharing!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yumm, these scrubs are definitely good enough to eat, can't wait to make them! Stopping by to wish you well for the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These all are such great ideas! I can only imagine how yummy they will smell. Much better than the coffee bean scrubs I've been using I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. All these scrubs sound amazing!! Fall is my favourite season too. In the UK we say Autumn but I think I like fall better!:) xx
    A MakeupHabit

    ReplyDelete
  20. Could this post be any more perfect? :) Yayyy for fall!
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Perfect for autumn season. I also love all things inspired by pumpkin but also cinnamon, so I will try that one.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow these really are not drinks? Haha how inspiring!

    Ali of Dressing Ken

    ReplyDelete
  23. This sounds like the most delicious scrub ever!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is one of the cutest, yummiest, and most creative diys I've seen in a very long time! Thank you so much for sharing. Going to try out one next weekend! :)

    http://bigbeautybag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is pure love! I wanna try them all.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hah, this is just brilliant, great post! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm into DIY mode these days, so I might just try this!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So these scrubs are totally amazing. They would be great gifts for a coffee lover.

    I like fall, too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm sure these smell absolutely amazing! I bought a pumpkin latte Wallflower from Bath & Body Works, and it is heavenly, so I can only imagine rubbing a scrub like this on my skin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. These look divine! I will definitely be trying at least one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is such a cool idea! I have to try those asap haha.

    http://lostlovedtiia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I respond to comments via email, so make sure I can respond!
For a faster response, please use Twitter or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

More ways to keep up with me: Bloglovin, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram , Youtube or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

You made my day by visiting! See ya tomorrow :)

Disclaimer:

All products mentioned are purchased by me unless stated.
All pics, thoughts, etc, are mine unless otherwise noted. Publishing or redistributing any content from this blog is strictly prohibited. Please seek permission first. Thank you.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...