Usually on Elle's Essentials, I share a must-have beauty product, like a mascara or blush. But today I'm sharing an item that works for everyone, regardless of gender and level of beauty interest. It's Epsom Salt!
Uses and recipes are on the box!
I was contacted by the Epsom Salt Council if I wanted to receive some samples for review, so of course I had to! I use Epsom salt in so many of my DIY Beauty products, and it's a budget-friendly, year-round essential of mine. Here are some uses via the Epsom Salt Council and some of my own:
- Glowing Skin Exfoliating Treatment: 2c Epsom salt, 1/4c petroleum jelly, few drops of lavender essential oil...use mix to gently scrub away dry skin patches
- Microdermabrasion Facial: Mix 1/2tsp Epsom salt into cleansing cream and massage on skin. Rinse with cool water and pat dry.
- Pedicure Perfection: Dissolve half a cup of Epsom salt into 2 quarts of warm water in a container large enough for feet. Soak feet 15-20 minutes. Massage feet with Epsom salt (heels and ankles) concentrating on dry, rough spots. Rinse with clean water and dry thoroughly.
- Bathtime Bliss: Add 2c Epsom salt to bath and soak at least 12 minutes.
And here are some of my beauty uses:
- DIY Cupcake Bath Bombs
- DIY Fizzy Foot Soak
- DIY Rosemary Mint Bath Salts
- DIY Sweet Almond Bath Soak
- How to Kick a Cold
- Decorated Glasses with Epsom Salt
- DIY Quick and Easy Pedi
What are your favorite uses for Epsom salt?